By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

Ledreppe said:

NX is a handheld/home platform, not just a handheld or home console alone.

That doesn't matter. This article isn't referring to a platform. It's refering to a piece of hardware. One, not two.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Ledreppe said:

NX is a handheld/home platform, not just a handheld or home console alone.

That doesn't matter. This article isn't referring to a platform. It's refering to a piece of hardware. One, not two.

One piece of hardware can double as a home/handheld. All it needs is a dock for a HDMI port and power supply. If this is the case 2016 makes sense as the 3DS is now due a replacement.

S.Peelman said:
July... No, they aren't going to release it one month after it's showing at E3 (which then is likely it's reveal even) next year.

I think It's very possible Nintendo will do a Direct all about NX before e3, then show more at e3, making a july release very possible.

20 million first year? That would suggest a proper replacement for both the 3DS and the WiiU. I really doubt people would be so quick to upgrade, when we've just seen the lackluster support for the Wii U. Unless ofc they really do have the new 3d mario, zelda and metroid at launch. But I don't think they would have those games at launch because that would limit their sales.
Hmm I don't know. I want it in 2016 though, but I don't think it's possible or even the best decision.

FragilE^ said:
20 million first year? That would suggest a proper replacement for both the 3DS and the WiiU. I really doubt people would be so quick to upgrade, when we've just seen the lackluster support for the Wii U. Unless ofc they really do have the new 3d mario, zelda and metroid at launch. But I don't think they would have those games at launch because that would limit their sales.
Hmm I don't know. I want it in 2016 though, but I don't think it's possible or even the best decision.

3DS users would be more then ready to move one and the are 6 times as many of them then Wii U users.

Around the Network

I always said that its be in November 2016

@Wyrdness
Would they? Right after the "new 3ds" ? :/

FragilE^ said:

@Wyrdness
Would they? Right after the "new 3ds" ? :/

Yeah, they did shortly after the DSi.

tagged.

Wrong with the death of Iwata things like NX will be delayed anyone with common sense knows this. They have to the company a leader first and that does not happen over night