By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

Aerys said:
Soundwave said:

Did you think the first XBox or GBA were "disgusting"? Also why is it ok to have a console with a 6/7/8 year life cycle? Going too long is a-ok, but a year short is the end of the world? 

Because WiiU library is super small and they make US understand its already dead even if we dont know yet

Even Xbox bad a better library, GBA too

XBox maaaaaaybe, GBA IMO no. 

Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. U, Zelda U (eventually), Mario 3D World, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 1/2, Hyrule Warriors, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, Star Fox Zero, W101, say sorry GBA, nope. 

If we want to be honest about it too, the GameCube was only supported for 4 years (with EAD actually really bailing out after 3 years). The GCN's 2006 lineup had nothing and Zelda was delayed on the GameCube so it could be a launch title for the Wii and given a very limited print run. The only Nintendo developed game for 2006 otherwise was Chibi Robo, lol. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Aerys said:

Because WiiU library is super small and they make US understand its already dead even if we dont know yet

Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. U, Zelda U (eventually), Mario 3D World, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 1/2, Hyrule Warriors, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, Star Fox Zero, W101, say sorry GBA, nope. 

Hyrume warriors, Zombi are not exclusive anymore thought

In term of home console, its thé worst Nintendo console since... Well i didnt Know Nintendo console before 64 so ill say worst Nintendo console ever for me, when i think about all those who thought thé WiiU would be a GC HD, reaching back thé gamers, it was thé opposite, GC would be ashamed to see this if it was still alive

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Soundwave said:

In term of home console, its thé worst Nintendo console since... Well i didnt Know Nintendo console before 64 so ill say worst Nintendo console ever for me, when i think about all those who thought thé WiiU would be a GC HD, reaching back thé gamers, it was thé opposite, GC would be ashamed to see this if it was still alive

GameCube is overrated on this board because the average age range here grew up with the GameCube and they think it's the greatest thing ever because of nostalgia glasses. If Zelda U turns out better than Wind Waker and Star Fox Zero goes above Star Fox Assault ... Wii U goes above the GameCube IMO. 

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

Recent Nintendo talk that they not pursuing high specs and that they want to "create a system that is both unique and affordable so that everyone can afford it and everyone can enjoy it.".

So yes, they probably will target price point around $250 without high power and I think it is one hardware hybrid of handheld and home console.

They never said they weren't pursuing high specs. Miyamoto said he wasn't interested in having the best hardware. To completely different things. Nintendo aren't interested in a spec race. That's all.

The PS4 proves that $400 is plenty affordable. While I can see a $300-$350 system, a $250 console ain't happenin'.

"What we are always striving to do is to find a way to take novel technology that we can take and offer it to people at a price that everybody can afford. And in addition to that, rather than going after the high-end tech spec race and trying to create the most powerful console, really what we want to do is try to find a console that has the best balance of features with the best interface that anyone can use."

When Nintendo say affordable they mean Wii affordable, so around $250. Also, Miyamoto stated that Wii U had higher price than they wanted.

So they talking about affordable console without high-end specs with new "gimmick", they clearly want to do Wii thing again (something with similar appealing to market), I think hybrid handheld/home hardware could be NX.

Soundwave said:
Aerys said:

GameCube is overrated on this board because the average age range here grew up with the GameCube and they think it's the greatest thing ever because of nostalgia glasses. If Zelda U turns out better than Wind Waker and Star Fox Zero goes above Star Fox Assault ... Wii U goes above the GameCube IMO. 

No,GC has far more cult games, nothing to do with nostalgia, i had a PS2 and im not nostalgic of it.

And i dont like Zelda WW, for me, its after this one thé Zelda starting to become boring .

And Zelda U could also not be exclusive, Wii u would become thé first to not get a lot of cult Nintendo games as exclusives

But it has far more games ( excellent and cult games ) , just a fact , because it had a much better 3rd party and first party support, a réal traditionnel 3D Mario, a papier Mario, f zéro,  Fire Emblem, Luigi mansion, all the metroids, just way more supportée by Nintendo than WiiU

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Soundwave said:

Did you think the first XBox or GBA were "disgusting"? Also why is it ok to have a console with a 6/7/8 year life cycle? Going too long is a-ok, but a year short is the end of the world? 

Nintendo Land, Zombi U, NSMBU/L, Monster Hunter Ultimate 3, Lego City Undercover, Wonderfall 101, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D Word, Donkey Kong Tropical Freze, Mario Kart 8, Hurley Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros, Toad's Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, Kirby, Splatoon, Yoshi Wolly World, Devils Third, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Project Zero 5, Star Fox, Zelda U, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem...

Doesn't look too me like a super small.

Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
Soundwave said:

Nintendo Land, NSMBU/L,, Lego City Undercover, Wonderfall 101, Pikmin 3, , Mario 3D Word, Donkey Kong Tropical Freze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros, Toad's Treasure Tracker, Splatoon, Yoshi Wolly World, Devils Third, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Project Zero 5, Star Fox, Zelda U, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem...

Doesn't look too me like a super small.

Then you surely had not a lot of consoles , its super small compared to most home consoles, even nall thé Nintendo ones since 64 swhich had much more excellent exclusives

I smell BS. I don't find the sales target or launch date believable.

Aerys said:
Soundwave said:
Aerys said:

No,GC has far more cult games, nothing to do with nostalgia, i had a PS2 and im not nostalgic of it.

And i dont like Zelda WW, for me, its after this one thé Zelda starting to become boring .

And Zelda U could also not be exclusive, Wii u would become thé first to not get a lot of cult Nintendo games as exclusives

But it has far more games ( excellent and cult games ) , just a fact , because it had a much better 3rd party and first party support, a réal traditionnel 3D Mario, a papier Mario, f zéro,  Fire Emblem, Luigi mansion, all the metroids, just way more supportée by Nintendo than WiiU

"Mario On Vacation With Only Topical Levlels" is sure as hell not a "traditional Mario game". Mario 3D World has many hallmarks of the classic Mario games including the Tanooki Suit, Fire Flower, Bowser levels, Galaxy-style space levels, SMB2 USA throw-backs, etc. etc. 

Mario Sunshine, you honestly could've just put another character in the main role and it'd be a different IP entirely. 

3D World > Sunshine. Sunshine was like a mediocre version of Mario 64 with a ton of camera glitches and a rushed, unfinished final third of the game. 

GCN has a good F-Zero and two good Metroids, but Wii U had Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, a better Mario Kart, a better Mario 3D, a better Donkey Kong platformer, a real 2D Mario, a 2D Mario Maker for good measure, and could very well have the better Zelda and Star Fox too when all's said and done. 

Soundwave said:
Aerys said:
Soundwave said:
Aerys said:

"Mario On Vacation With Only Topical Levlels" is sure as hell not a "traditional Mario game". Mario 3D World has many hallmarks of the classic Mario games including the Tanooki Suit, Fire Flower, Bowser levels, Galaxy-style space levels, SMB2 USA throw-backs, etc. etc. 

Mario Sunshine, you honestly could've just put another character in the main role and it'd be a different IP entirely. 

3D World > Sunshine. Sunshine was like a mediocre version of Mario 64 with a ton of camera glitches and a rushed, unfinished final third of the game. 

GCN has a good F-Zero and two good Metroids, but Wii U had Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, a better Mario Kart, a better Mario 3D, a real 2D Mario, a 2D Mario Maker for good measure, and could very well have the better Zelda and Star Fox too when all's said and done. 

It sure is a traditional mario "3D" game since it's the spiritual successor of the first traditional mario 3D, Mario 64, same concept in a different setting.  ( open hub with a lot of secrets, a lot of open worlds to visit and visit again from different point of views according to the sun you need to get , freedom of exploration, it's totally the same concept than Mario 64 )

Mario 3D World on the opposite has nothing to do with the traditional 3D Mario in the concept, it's more a 3D New super mario bros. So you cant compare them since they are 2 whole different games, but if you would like to compare them, Mario 3D World has no adventure, no freedom to explore without time, just go from A to B, has no big exporation, has not a lot of very hidden secrets , is far to be as long , ....Well it's really unfair to compare it.

Splatoon is nothing compared to a real big nintendo game with a big content, it's just a small game. And it doesnt make a lot of good games, without talking about the subjective " better "  , it's a fact that GC had much more good exclusive games. Seriously, you cant even compare them, Wii U has not even a single metroid, a single paper mario, a single pokemon, a single good Wario Ware, a single Fire Emblem, a single good mario party( GC had 4),  without talking about all the other nintendo games, and not a single great 3rd party game ( the famous Rogue Squadron 2 for example, it's totally cult, which WIi U 3Rd party game will be as much cult ? GC had so much quality 3Rd party games like  Baten Kaitos, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3, ... ) While Wii U is not even sure to get an exclusive Zelda, and Star Fox quality, we'll see, for the moment, it bring a lot of mixed reactions from previewers

Be serious, there is no comparison possible : http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/metroid-prime

It's not for nothing that GC let a very good memory to everyone and considered as cult, even among profesionnal reviewers, while WIIU at the opposite...