By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter and Smash Dominates EVO 2015

ethomaz said:

Wyrdness said:

Smash 4 is far more balanced then Melee what are you talking about? This is what the users above are talking about.

That didn't change what I said.

15 years to make a game on pair with Meele... that is the issue.

Except it is on par with Melee it just uses a different approach like SFIV does when compared to SFIII. Even with custom moves Smash IV is still much more balanced as more characters are still viable compared to Melee.

Around the Network

America so free in GGXRD and takken 7 also persona , USF4. Japan and about taking all the money this year.

Wow, interesting how people get bent out of shape about the popularity of Melee.

Hiku said:

Btw:

【EVO2015 Prize Bonus】

USF4: $50,000
MKX: $50,000
KI: $50,000
Tekken7: $30,000
P4AU: $10,000
GGXrd: $10,000
SSB WiiU:
=======
SSB Melee
UMVC3

Anime game and USF4 also TEKKEN 7 just give ASIA the money already.

I am pleased! Super Smash Bros. and Street Fighter are my 2 favourite fighting game franchises!

Around the Network

Sad to see no Blazblue, but GGXrd is lookin mighty fine. Really looking forward to it. Arc Sys Works fighters never disappoint.

Mike321 said:
FunFan said:

Not to hate on Melee, but it bothers me how people make so many assumptions when comparing it to Smash 4 without taking into account the huge difference in metagame development. You can bet that, by the same time in Melee's life, wavedashing wasn't even a thing. Let see how Smash 4's metagame look with at least 3 years under it's belt, and when all characters are out.

No I really doubt the smash 4 meta is going to have a massive development, maybe some stuff here and there but nothing groudbreaking. That´s part of the reason customs were requested as legal in EVO because the community wanted to develop the metagame around the custom moves not knowing how unbalanced  a lot of them are, that´s why a lot of top players hate custom moves and won't even touch them at EVO.

How can you be so sure there won't be a massive development when the character roster isn't even final? What if they release a Meta Knight Brawl level op character? That would be massive.

Also, I'm pro experimentation. Wavedashing wouldn't have been found if no one experimented in Melee. Maybe it was found by accident, but point is that we will not have any results if we don't test stuff. 

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Poor Tekken, sad to see it so low but i guess that's pretty high considering it hasn't been released on console.

Tekken 7 entrants would be much higher when the console version of the game is actually released. Remember its only available at the arcades right now.

FunFan said:
Mike321 said:

No I really doubt the smash 4 meta is going to have a massive development, maybe some stuff here and there but nothing groudbreaking. That´s part of the reason customs were requested as legal in EVO because the community wanted to develop the metagame around the custom moves not knowing how unbalanced  a lot of them are, that´s why a lot of top players hate custom moves and won't even touch them at EVO.

How can you be so sure there won't be a massive development when the character roster isn't even final? What if they release a Meta Knight Brawl level op character? That would be massive.

Also, I'm pro experimentation. Wavedashing wouldn't have been found if no one experimented in Melee. Maybe it was found by accident, but point is that we will not have any results if we don't test stuff. 

First if they were to release an op character fans would let nintendo know it´s an op character and they would nerf it. Plus I don´t see how one character can change the whole metagame, maybe It could change some matchups but that´s it, no mechanics would change to the level that it affects the whole meta.

The reason why I don't belive a massive development will happend is because with the amount of players investing in the community and the evolution in technology those game changing mechanics should have been discover by now, the fact that no player with so many advance tools at his dispolsal has found one or more mechanics that can change the meta in a big way means the game won´t change a lot in the future. That why I mention custom moves so often, because the only way the meta is changing is with customs, however that change would be for the worst.