By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter and Smash Dominates EVO 2015

Lmao Smash IV has more then Melee in it's first EVO some people months ago were say that would never happen. Melee elitist will be losing sleep now, love both games but the Melee crowd has a number of prats in it.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

Lmao Smash IV has more then Melee in it's first EVO some people months ago were say that would never happen. Melee elitist will be losing sleep now, love both games but the Melee crowd has a number of prats in it.

To bad some of them are gonna be laughing at a lot of the smash 4 matches because of custom moves

Clyde32 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
ewwww. melee.

idc just MOVE ON.

Out of curiosity, why is it that people like you seem to be bothered by Melee's growing presence in the competitive scene?

Can't handle the hype?

Melee elitists are the reason I'm seeing. While I agree that the melee community itself needs to not be such jerks to everyone else, Melee is still an amazing game.

I can't speak for that guy, but that's certainly the case for me. I actually like Melee better (despite not being good enough to be competitive), but the way the Melee community treats new Smash games and their superior attitude keeps me from associating with them.

Mike321 said:
Wyrdness said:

To bad some of them are gonna be laughing at a lot of the smash 4 matches because of custom moves

Don't worry about it people will be laughing at them in general if they do, customs is no more of an issue then selecting a different ultra in SF or style in MKX so they'd look stupid doing so.

Not to hate on Melee, but it bothers me how people make so many assumptions when comparing it to Smash 4 without taking into account the huge difference in metagame development. You can bet that, by the same time in Melee's life, wavedashing wasn't even a thing. Let see how Smash 4's metagame look with at least 3 years under it's belt, and when all characters are out.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

psychicscubadiver said:

I can't speak for that guy, but that's certainly the case for me. I actually like Melee better (despite not being good enough tozbe competitive), but the way the Melee community treats new Smash games and their superior attitude keeps me from associating with them.

It is not a community fault at all...

It was a Nintendo fault that didn't make the next Smash balanced and good like Meele... the sequel games were good but not at the same competition level of Meele and they had some balances flaws too.

ethomaz said:

psychicscubadiver said:

I can't speak for that guy, but that's certainly the case for me. I actually like Melee better (despite not being good enough tozbe competitive), but the way the Melee community treats new Smash games and their superior attitude keeps me from associating with them.

It was a Nintendo fault that didn't make the next Smash balanced and good like Meele... the sequel games were good but not at the same competition level of Meele and they had some balances flaws too.

Smash 4 is far more balanced then Melee what are you talking about? This is what the users above are talking about.

ethomaz said:

psychicscubadiver said:

And the 'Proving My Point' Comment Award goes to... 

FunFan said:

Not to hate on Melee, but it bothers me how people make so many assumptions when comparing it to Smash 4 without taking into account the huge difference in metagame development. You can bet that, by the same time in Melee's life, wavedashing wasn't even a thing. Let see how Smash 4's metagame look with at least 3 years under it's belt, and when all characters are out.

No I really doubt the smash 4 meta is going to have a massive development, maybe some stuff here and there but nothing groudbreaking. That´s part of the reason customs were requested as legal in EVO because the community wanted to develop the metagame around the custom moves not knowing how unbalanced  a lot of them are, that´s why a lot of top players hate custom moves and won't even touch them at EVO.

Wyrdness said:

Smash 4 is far more balanced then Melee what are you talking about? This is what the users above are talking about.

That didn't change what I said.

15 years to make a game on pair with Meele... that is the issue.

BTW custom moves are tottaly unbalanced.