By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 Extended E3 demo! Holy OMG it looks amazeballs

DerNebel said:
Jazz2K said:
Watching it again I don't see how people think the game is open... nevertheless, I didn't care much for PS3 last gen but I'm getting a PS4 this gen and Uncharted is one reason.

In the first part of the car chase it looks like you can take several routes, but overall the PSX demo is a better showcase of how UC4 is more open.

The PSX demo was more about gameplay that's true but seeing far doesn't mean you can go there. Also during the car chase every ways were blocked by the gun truck so he had to take another route. Never did he try to go next to the truck... he even had to go back when the bus blocked the road... I'm not trying to nitpick here this will be awesome. I just don't see how anyone could think this is open. The game is so cinematic it would be difficult to operate in an open environment. I like how there are so many signs with writings on them, clothes drying and the destruction. 

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
DerNebel said:
Jazz2K said:
Watching it again I don't see how people think the game is open... nevertheless, I didn't care much for PS3 last gen but I'm getting a PS4 this gen and Uncharted is one reason.

In the first part of the car chase it looks like you can take several routes, but overall the PSX demo is a better showcase of how UC4 is more open.

The PSX demo was more about gameplay that's true but seeing far doesn't mean you can go there. Also during the car chase every ways were blocked by the gun truck so he had to take another route. Never did he try to go next to the truck... he even had to go back when the bus blocked the road... I'm not trying to nitpick here this will be awesome. I just don't see how anyone could think this is open. The game is so cinematic it would be difficult to operate in an open environment. I like how there are so many signs with writings on them, clothes drying and the destruction. 

Open in this case means that situations can be tackled from many different angles imo, not that the game will become open world, the shooting sequence from the PSX demo seemed pretty open to me, it looked like you could approach it from a lot of angles. Also just because he didn't go up next to the truck in the E3 demo does not necessarily mean that it's not possible.

Jazz2K said:

That was a different route though. He didn't do that in the original trailer at E3. It will have sections like this and section that are more open.

The PS5 Exists. 

When a game have a great story to tell, amazing things happen.

This is the fourth iteration of the series and it feels so fresh. Iconic characters return with new ones portrayed by the bests actors in the business.

This is how you make games, this is why im a videogamer, this is why i will always prefer Sony studios games.

This is the reason why Tomb Raider doesn't matter on PS4. You can have a whole line of Lara Croft games and it wouldn't compare in the slightest to this game. Uncharted 4 is gonna be insane!

Around the Network

The PS5 Exists. 

Seeing enthusiasm is nice and all but saying other games don't matter is a bit much for me hehe... anyway... cool demo.

I can't wait the other level might show in the near futuer.

The PS5 Exists. 

Watched the video, then immediately pre-ordered the Nathan Drake collection. Must get as much Nathan Drake as possible.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.