By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz has not updated ONCE in the month of June

So...

VGChartz is updating at a decent speed 16 4.07%

Who really cares? 29 7.38%

...This rate of work is unforgivable 348 88.55%

Total:393
squibbfire said:
The only update ive seen on this site......are the ads...

Agreed. Now they have that annoying one that pops up at the bottom of the screen.

Around the Network
Kinneas14 said:
At least we should get an update explaining the situation.

This is the only videogame website I visit because, as much as I like gaming, I love sales and looking at market trends. There is no reason for me to come here if there aren't sales update.

www.reddit.com/r/gaming

www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

www.reddit.com/r/ps4

Without sales data, these are my main links now.

Terrible what ioi is doing. And he hasn't even given us a statement... -_-

I know this is another thread about numbers but it really is annoying. We have some great mods that look after the forums and with the gaming news merger, that is another side of the website that's left on auto pilot while ioi...... while ioi does what ever he's doing.

Brett has put in a lot of work to get VGC to where it is, I've been here from the start and watched it grow and if Brett now wants to relax and reap the rewards (wouldn't blame him) then he should hand the data tracking to somebody else. Mould somebody to his methods if he has to.

Data is an integral part of the site, people that use the forums want the data (although we do moan about them from time to time :)). The forums is now what gives this site the most traffic. Start pissing off the people that come here and those people will leave.

I used to come here for 2 things data and forums. Now I only come here for the forums. If that goes south then Im out of here!

SWORDF1SH said:

I know this is another thread about numbers but it really is annoying. We have some great mods that look after the forums and with the gaming news merger, that is another side of the website that's left on auto pilot while ioi...... while ioi does what ever he's doing.

Brett has put in a lot of work to get VGC to where it is, I've been here from the start and watched it grow and if Brett now wants to relax and reap the rewards (wouldn't blame him) then he should hand the data tracking to somebody else. Mould somebody to his methods if he has to.

Data is an integral part of the site, people that use the forums want the data (although we do moan about them from time to time :)). The forums is now what gives this site the most traffic. Start pissing off the people that come here and those people will leave.

I used to come here for 2 things data and forums. Now I only come here for the forums. If that goes south then Im out of here!

It looks so strange that after around 10 years, nobody except IoI can update the numbers!

Around the Network

I, like many others i'm sure, started coming here for the sales data, and after a bit, decided to check out and join the forums. I'm sure that people are much more likely to join the forums after checking out the sales data, than just finding the message boards through Google search, or something. I'm trying to hang on to the end of the year, hoping data will be back to normal by then.

DO NOT WORRY GUYS

Aj_habfan said:

DO NOT WORRY GUYS

That was three months ago ...

Kinneas14 said:

It looks so strange that after around 10 years, nobody except IoI can update the numbers!

It might take some time to pass on the knowledge. I think Bretts way is unique and only he knows the ins and outs of his method. Years and years of experience learning from mistakes etc is hard to pass on.

But it seems Brett has lost the will to update the numbers himself, he needs to pass on his knowledge to a team of people and let them do it. The data might be way out for a while but it'll start the rebuilding. Plus a team should end up giving us more accurate data (multiple heads are better than one). And if one person leaves the team they can recruit another and the data doesn't get interupted

SWORDF1SH said:
Kinneas14 said:

It might take some time to pass on the knowledge. I think Bretts way is unique and only he knows the ins and outs of his method. Years and years of experience learning from mistakes etc is hard to pass on.

But it seems Brett has lost the will to update the numbers himself, he needs to pass on his knowledge to a team of people and let them do it. The data might be way out for a while but it'll start the rebuilding. Plus a team should end up giving us more accurate data (multiple heads are better than one). And if one person leaves the team they can recruit another and the data doesn't get interupted

Even if ioi came back strong or taught others the ways to his method, it's only a matter of time until this site becomes outdated.  More and more, the sales of video games are going digital, so eventually physical sales are not going to be representative of overall sales.  Currently VGChartz don't track digital sales.