Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz has not updated ONCE in the month of June

So...

VGChartz is updating at a decent speed 16 4.07%

Who really cares? 29 7.38%

...This rate of work is unforgivable 348 88.55%

Total:393
bevochan said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It might take some time to pass on the knowledge. I think Bretts way is unique and only he knows the ins and outs of his method. Years and years of experience learning from mistakes etc is hard to pass on.

But it seems Brett has lost the will to update the numbers himself, he needs to pass on his knowledge to a team of people and let them do it. The data might be way out for a while but it'll start the rebuilding. Plus a team should end up giving us more accurate data (multiple heads are better than one). And if one person leaves the team they can recruit another and the data doesn't get interupted

Even if ioi came back strong or taught others the ways to his method, it's only a matter of time until this site becomes outdated.  More and more, the sales of video games are going digital, so eventually physical sales are not going to be representative of overall sales.  Currently VGChartz don't track digital sales.

That's one thing that needs to be updated. It needs to add digital. A team could handle all the extra labor better

Around the Network

The sales are obviously the initial draw to the site and it is how I stumbled across the place a couple of years ago. However the numbers have been sporadic for months and I pretty much only come here to check the pulse of the gaming community as that is part of my job. As a business owner myself I find the lack of transparency from this sites owner to be puzzling. If I operated my business that way I would have went under years ago. Although I will admit that I do not know anything about whether this venture is his primary job or if it is just some sort of hobby. If it is indeed a hobby then he can certainly update when he likes. If it is a primary business then the lack of updates and communication is an awful practice. Either way, though, one would think that you would keep visitors informed. That is just common courtesy. Even his moderators/administrators do not seem to be "in the loop" as to what the problem is. That or they are unwilling/unable to communicate it to the visitors. I think people would be a lot less irritated if they guy at the very least regularly kept the sites visitors up to date on what is going on.

The sales are interesting and the topics they create are certainly missed by many from what I have seen. Since there are a ton of communities out there that cater to gaming I would not think this site is not long for this world without a shift in focus or a return to regular sales updates. Perhaps this website could survive as strictly a gaming forum with articles and reviews for the long haul. I think most users would just like to know if that is indeed where it is going.

A little transparency would go a long way I suspect.

It's frustrating to see the charts still say April 4 2015 and May 16 2015 respectably. 4th of July will come and I'm sure the charts will continue to be frozen...

I'm not sure why people are that bothered. The numbers were a load of rubbish anyway, guesses plucked out of thin air which later got corrected when 'real' numbers from reputable sources were released.

i stoped caring about this long ago (already lost hope)

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Another thread?
Oh my god, WE ALREADY KNOW, Is not necessary make 1 billion of thread about this...

How else are you going to get the attention of ioi, I'd say post more of these threads until we get some answers, he's basically weening me off VG Chartz if we go any longer without numbers I can probably leave for good.

I only come for the forum and community nowadays, which is sad, because the numbers is what drew me in at first. The news is almost always already old-ish when it gets released here. So besides the numbers and the forum, this place doesn't have a lot going for it.

Is there a different gaming site with similar community? I always thought this site had a pretty well balanced percentage of fans from the Big 3, so that's kinda what I'm looking for....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

This is just ridiculous. It's been THREE MONTHS....

Gilgamesh said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Another thread?
Oh my god, WE ALREADY KNOW, Is not necessary make 1 billion of thread about this...

How else are you going to get the attention of ioi, I'd say post more of these threads until we get some answers, he's basically weening me off VG Chartz if we go any longer without numbers I can probably leave for good.

BUT, WEBSITE GOD, YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!!!

I hardly care anymore. I've given up on the numbers not only because they take so long to update but also because they'll become increasingly irrelevant due to digital sales with each passing week and it's been proven time and time again that quite often things are just plain wrong. It's just better to go off official shipment data, even if that only comes once a quarter at most.

I come here to the site mostly because I'm curious about what people have to say about games and VGC still seems to be a decent enough source for gaming news.