By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jim Ryan: PS4 has 70%-90% market share in Europe

Europe is Playstation area!

Around the Network

MS can't understand Xbox and PC are actually rivals in Europe. That stupid policy "lets port a good xbox exclusive to windows" automatically gives advantage for PS4.

Very good dominance indeed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That's very good.... For EA I guess? It's not like the hardware makes much money or europoor PS users buy anything other than FIFA.

Muzamaxi said:
Xbox One did release around 10 months later in several european countries. So it was either a PS4 or nothing as far as consoles go.

PS3 did come a year late and had a 70% market share in a lot of countries in EU.

So I don't see the point here.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Is this PS vs Xbox market-share or full market-share? I have a hard time believing they have that much full market-share, particularly in countries like France where Nintendo are decently strong as well.

France End of 2014:

PS4 1.1 million
Wii U 515,000
Xbone 416,000

54%

But if you look only for 2014 numbers: 

PS4 860k
Wii U 240k
Xbone 290k

61%

I believe they increased the gap in 2015... so you are looking to at minimum 60% market share in France... 70% is not out of question.

Ohhhhh and Xbone have a shot to pass Wii U in France too.

ethomaz said:
Muzamaxi said:
Xbox One did release around 10 months later in several european countries. So it was either a PS4 or nothing as far as consoles go.

PS3 did come a year late and had a 70% market share in a lot of countries in EU.

So I don't see the point here.

I'm not saying the PS4 would have way less marketshare if the Xbox One was released everywhere at the same time, rather I'm saying this 10 month wait happened. Who knows what would have happend if it released if it was a global release, probably not much would change, but I for sure don't know. I'm only stating things that happened and might've or might not have influenced things.

Meh, it's win by a landslide, and there is no fun in it LOl , back then in 7th gen era that's was the most fun time on gaming forum when a lot of people arguing an defending PS brand lol

Gourmet said:
That's very good.... For EA I guess? It's not like the hardware makes much money or europoor PS users buy anything other than FIFA.

Europoor... Wow, how old are you, seven?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Gourmet said:

Checking software numbers before posting would be a good idea. But at least know I know why your username is Gourmet