By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jim Ryan: PS4 has 70%-90% market share in Europe

poklane said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Is this PS vs Xbox market-share or full market-share? I have a hard time believing they have that much full market-share, particularly in countries like France where Nintendo are decently strong as well.

Looks like just PS4 vs. XB1. Can't link it now, but someone on NeoGaf pointed out that 70% in France is pretty much impossible at this stage if you include Wii U.

But he's not talking about every single country

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
poklane said:

Looks like just PS4 vs. XB1. Can't link it now, but someone on NeoGaf pointed out that 70% in France is pretty much impossible at this stage if you include Wii U.

But he's not talking about every single country

Each country individually, no?

Muzamaxi said:
Xbox One did release around 10 months later in several european countries. So it was either a PS4 or nothing as far as consoles go.

Just like the Wii released after the Xbox 360 but could never catch up..... oh wait. 

And if i'm correct, the PS4 is alread at >50% marketshare even in UK...

VGChartz have PS4 just above 60%... that's mean Wii U and XB1 are overtracked. ( but was already confirmed... )

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
VGChartz have PS4 just above 60%... that's mean Wii U and XB1 are overtracked. ( but was already confirmed... )

This doesn't seem to include Wii U sales, just PS4 vs. XB1.

poklane said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Are you sure?

Seems like they have good taste to me. I didn't know the market share was that high. It's Microsoft's fault for not taking europe seriously and releasing in more countries. I guess it's a lesson learned for next gen.

Ryng_Tolu said:
poklane said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Are you sure?

Yes, otherwise Jim Ryan is full of shit. Here, take a look at this post from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170402837&postcount=24

In the case of France: PS4 would have needed to sell and additional 1.5million units while XB1 and Wii U sold 0 units to reach 70% in France.

poklane said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
poklane said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Are you sure?

Yes, otherwise Jim Ryan is full of shit. Here, take a look at this post from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170402837&postcount=24

In the case of France: PS4 would have needed to sell and additional 1.5million units while XB1 and Wii U sold 0 units to reach 70% in France.

The Wii U is at 600k in France for be correct... yeah, no way for PS4 be at 70% of marketshare if we including WiiU+XB1.