By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jim Ryan: PS4 has 70%-90% market share in Europe

Where is not continental Europe except UK and Ireland?

Around the Network

Not surprising at all. Europe prefer PS and the competitors messed up.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Wright said:

Not surprising, to be honest. Europe has always had a soft spot for Playstation.

I guessbeing the first hardware manufacturer not to treat Europe like a total bastard child goes a long way.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Nogamez said:
Where is not continental Europe except UK and Ireland?

Malta, Iceland, etc.

Marketshare for Microsoft is only going to get worse in my opinion. Retailers have been selling their X1 stock with big discounts for a long time in many countries. Once those are sold I doubt retailers will anymore order much X1 and adjust shelf space accordingly. Worst case scenario in 2-3 years could be some smaller multiplatform games skipping pal-region for X1.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

The PS4 is the new PS2 with the best west-and japanese support!
that is amazing!

Cannot say I am surprised. Ever since the 5th gen., Sony has been dominating Europe. Even the PS3 disaster showcased that Europe still was a PlayStation eccentric mainstay. Now that the PS4 is more friendly to gamers, developers, and publishers, Sony is literally running away with Europe.

This actually begs the question; when it is all said and done, will the PS4 be the best selling console of all time in Europe?

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

poklane said:

This doesn't seem to include Wii U sales, just PS4 vs. XB1.

What makes you think that?

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
poklane said:

Yes, otherwise Jim Ryan is full of shit. Here, take a look at this post from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170402837&postcount=24

In the case of France: PS4 would have needed to sell and additional 1.5million units while XB1 and Wii U sold 0 units to reach 70% in France.

The Wii U is at 600k in France for be correct... yeah, no way for PS4 be at 70% of marketshare if we including WiiU+XB1.

What are you on about? He doesn't say France, he says Europe. It could be 50% in France and still be 70% in Europe.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:

This doesn't seem to include Wii U sales, just PS4 vs. XB1.

What makes you think that?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170402837&postcount=24