By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XBLA "full of crap" says Wii Software dev

WiiWare gonna rocks, I'm sure of it. This is Ninty turnaround with 3rd parties. Who cares about XBLA and PSN when you have friendly console, funny control, and loads of titles to choose from. And I don't understand why to speak suddenly about attach rate when Wii userbase scraps the heaven and above.

Around the Network

MDM, attach ratio might prevent a problem when the internal memory of every Wii cannot support WiiWare games very well...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

That's right stickball.

I do wonder how Wii will handle a 2:1 attach ratio w/ it's internal memory.

mrstickball said:
Interesting the quotes don't allude to any actual developer, and even then they don't allude to actually deving on XBLA before bashing the serivce, and praising an untested service.

Will be neat to see how the battle ensues once WW is launched, but I don't think it's going to be as big as XBLA is, unless the Wii's online attach ratio surpasses Live by 2:1.

Except for the link to the article about Jeff Minter!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I wonder if him not mentioning the PSN is a good or bad thing.

Is PSN full of crap? or is it that he doesn't even know what PSN is.

Around the Network

Wow, what an assbaggish thing to say from a software dev, getting cocky are we?
I don't care what software you develop, going out and saying other dev's efforts are shit is really, reall childish and uncalled for.

I'm definitely worried about storing these WW games on my Wii. The internal storage isn't that large and I already have stuff like game saves/VC games stored on there. Things might get cramped rather quickly.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

its true, their marketplace is filled with the same retro crap by 3409785 different developers all making the same damn game

Spork -

Care to back up that statement with a list of games that "are making the same damn game"?

Name a few, please, go ahead.

As for the Jeff Minter comment (which was made months ago): Space Giraffe, if you didn't know, is very niche and unplayable for the general market. It sucks.. That is Mr. Minters fault, not XBLA. Judging by how well games around Space Giraffe's release it was an anomaly, and he's mad that crap games like Frogger can do better because it had a better demo, and better gameplay.

Plus Minter can't feel too bad about the XBLA service considering that Gridrunner+++ is coming out very soon on XBLA.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Whether or not you like XBLA, no one in their right mind would ever have predicted massive sales for Space Giraffe. Whatever the case, it is nice to see Nintendo stepping into this segment of the market. I can only hope they release an external HD soon.