By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XBLA "full of crap" says Wii Software dev

It must be a pretty good program though with all the companies announcing support so quickly.

From wikipedia....

Bomberman[1]   Hudson Soft 02008Spring 2008
Bruiser and Scratch in the Case of the Puzzling Paw[2]   Steel Penny Games 020082008  
Butterfly Garden   Autonomous Productions TBA
Defend Your Castle[3] 500 XGen Studios 02008TBA
Dr. Mario & Bacteria Extermination 1000 Nintendo 02008March 25 2008
Eternity's Child[4] 500 Luc Bernard & Partners, Alten8 TBA
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King 1500 Square Enix 02008-03March 25 2008
Gravitronix 500 Medaverse Studios TBA
Joy Sound[5]   Hudson Soft TBA
LIT   WayForward Technologies TBA
LONPOS[6] 1000 Genki 02008March 25 2008
LostWinds[7]   Frontier Developments TBA
Major League Eating: The Game   Mastiff TBA
Maruboushikaku[8]   Nintendo TBA
Minna de Puzloop[9]   Nintendo TBA
Mojipittan 1000 Namco 02008March 25 2008
Okiraku Ping Pong Wii[10] 500 Arc System Works 02008March 25 2008
Ouchide Mugen Puti Puti[11] 800 Bandai Namco TBA
Untitled Telltale Games project[12]   Telltale Games TBA
Plättchen Twist 'n' Paint 1500 Bplus Q2 2008[13]
Pop[14]   Nnooo Q2 2008
Everyone's Pokémon Ranch 1000 Nintendo 02008March 25 2008
Project Bang! [15]   Engine Software TBA
Saku Saku Animal Panic[16] 1000 Konami 02008March 25 2008
SPOGS Racing [17]   D2C Games 02008TBA
Star Soldier R[18] 800 Hudson Soft 02008March 25 2008
Tenshi no Solitaire[19] 500 G-Mode 02008March 25 2008
Tetris[20]   Hudson Soft Summer 2008
World of Goo[21]   2D Boy TBA

That's over 20 companies before launch,

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

@steven787

I don't see any difference between that list and xbox live. You have shooters...classics like bomberman, puzle games like tetris and Mojipittan and a few newly developed titles which xbox live has a plethora of. There is no reason for a developer to attack the quality of xbox live if Wiiware is offering those games.

disolitude said:
@steven787

I don't see any difference between that list and xbox live. You have shooters...classics like bomberman, puzle games like tetris and Mojipittan and a few newly developed titles which xbox live has a plethora of. There is no reason for a developer to attack the quality of xbox live if Wiiware is offering those games.

I am not saying it is better. I am saying that a lot of developers seem to think it will be pretty profitable.  XBLA had 20 or so games the first 6 months, but from 8 or 9 different publishers.  Who knows if the games will be better or not.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

disolitude said:
@steven787

Developers are not pure and mystical beings both holy in judgment and wisdom, they are ordinary people with strong opinions and biases just like yourself. 

Words Of Wisdom said:
johntonsoup said:
I do agree that it is relatively hard to find games I want to play on XBLA, but aren't these news sites getting tired of developer for console X grumbling about console Y stories? I am.

Of course, gaming websites should stop reporting what game developers say and talk about something like the US Presidential election instead. Yes, that would make so much more sense....

All I said was that I wish they would stop running articles about what a developer for one console thinks about development on an entirely different console. Now, if they ran stories on XBLA developers who were unhappy with XBLA (or WiiWare developers unhappy with WiiWare), I'd find them more credible.

Around the Network

disolitude said:
@ClaudeLv250

I'm sorry. I was being a real douche.

Wiiware games are the greatest thing since baby jesus.

I agree on both counts and apology accepted.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

disolitude said:
@ClaudeLv250

LMAO. (great comeback, i would have done the same.)

rasone77 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

disolitude said:
@ClaudeLv250

LMAO. (great comeback, i would have done the same.)

My ribs hurt... ROFL

But you know you shouldn't be dissing on the Christ child... You might offend somebody...

On a side note, I can't wait until "Pokemon Ranch" is released in the states...

Disclaimer: Aatg885 is not too deeply religious. However, he does believe in one god and the existence of heaven and, by proxy, hell.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Interesting the quotes don't allude to any actual developer, and even then they don't allude to actually deving on XBLA before bashing the serivce, and praising an untested service.

Will be neat to see how the battle ensues once WW is launched, but I don't think it's going to be as big as XBLA is, unless the Wii's online attach ratio surpasses Live by 2:1.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mr-money said:
There is one good game on XBLA, and that's a poker game.

Bill Gates can suck my dick. I know Nintendo will make a better job of this.
If you think there is one good title on XBLA and that title is a poker game, you are not a gamer. You don't even like games and should really get off this site and find a different hobby. You embarass yourself with that statement.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.