By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you feel the NX will have full 3rd party support?

Who said I feel this way? :P

"Lets not forget the huge android market and current eshop supporter devs."

Android= irrelevant in console space
Nintendo have improved where indie support is concerned, still behind a bit but I don't think that is anyones real concern when they talk about third party support. If the console is anything like the PS4/X1 spec and architecture wise it'll have strong indie support from the get go. They just need to make sure Unity and to a lessor extent UE4 supports NX

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Lets not forget the huge android market and current eshop supporter devs.

No console has full third party support.

That said, Nintendo will create a culture for a new class of third parties.

Their new third party developers will look more like second party to Nintendo.

Nintendo knows that AAA budgets are going away of the dinosaur and is preparing for the crash.

Too many publisher and developers have financial issues, or have already been

bankrupted by the AAA business model.

So this will not include your big publishers like Ubisoft, EA, etc.

It doesnt mean that EA or Activision will not put games on future Nintendo consoles,

but I doubt Nintendo will woo them for full support.

And if Microsoft stays in the game, they will follow a similar model to Nintendo.

apparently during the time of E3, nintendo reps approached 3rd party game developers with concept designs for the NX. the reports also say the feedback was mostly positive. from that, as long as the hardware can keep up with the generation, it should be a great console

full 3rd party support includes EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix, etc... Nintendo needs their act together for their next home console if it is really the 'NX' they've mentioned. The big 3rd party devs would support it on the first year or so. but if their games won't sell. they will abandon NX. They will only support the games that would sell - e.g. Just Dance, Skylander, etc...

Nintendo will never have the best third party support. People just need to accept that and move on.

If NX is powerful enough maybe it can have ports of a few of the bigger franchise IP like the Wii U got early on, but it won't be all of them.

Some third parties simply prefer Sony/MS and/or Sony/MS have far more of the demographic that buys certain types of games (ie: Grand Theft Auto) that there isn't great motivation to make a Nintendo version for the tiny "I like Mario, but I want to kill hookers in GTA too" crowd.

Around the Network

Who is feeling that way?

I think very few people think that way. They may get some better support. But you can basically forget anything substantial from Ubisoft, EA or Activision. (Which may not be that much of lost.)

Maraccuda said:
It wont have FULL 3rd party support since Ubisoft and others hate Nintendo.

BUT Nintendo must push for large 3rd party support at the start or it never will regain it until the gen after.

I always thought that Ubisoft is the third party who hates Nintendo the least. They also still support the WiiU with games like Just Dance 2016.

If it's a fusion platform it'll have better third party support from eastern developers purely off the portable side of things.

It will only have 3rd party support if it is a powerful console allowing developers to easily port games.