By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Thinks Xenoblade Chronicles X will be a System Seller

katakpisang said:
good marketing would help , but xeno x received similar treatment like japan on marketing front welph

True. XCX is really a JRPG where japanese gamers doesn't like that much.  It is an open world RPG which i think should be targeted to the western audience.  Hopefully it would have a big impact this December.  I'm one of the prospect buyers and hopefully XCX would be more successful than XC. 

Around the Network

We came a long way since he avoided the games from operation rainfall because they didn't fit ont he american audience, didn't we?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Yeah, no.
Starting with a poor E3 showing is not a good way to becom a system seller reggie.
It's coming way too late after japan, we don't live in 1995 anymore, it's the era of internet and immediate information. We know already all there is to know about the game, the buzz around it already cooled off.
Wake up japan, if a publisher like EA can release a Mass Effect game worldwide in the same week and manage to have translated in almost every language out there, you can manage to release your game in 5/6 language in the span of 1/2 months following the japanese version.
Again, this is not fucking 1995.

If they give the game proper advertisement, near the level of treatment that smash/splatton received....

twintail said:
Nuvendil said:

Well, one thing history bears out about Nintendo's general IPs are that they have very broad appeal.  People of all types have played and enjoyed Smash and Kart and the like.  So Nintendo's backlog does them some favors in terms of value and of course everyone knows about the backlog.  I still firmly believe the biggest problem here is Nintendo's promotion.  Whereas most companies put heavy marketing behind IP with big potential, even new ones (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Bloodborne), Nintendo is very selective about what they promote.  And without promotion, it won't matter when it launches. 

Those games may have broad appeal. A game like XBX doesnt, which doesnt make XBX markettable to the same crowd. 

Promotion will be important but ultimately Nintendo are just letting it hang out to dry imho. Nothing is really going to change the fact that PS4/ X1 will be the consoles getting a lot of momentum into December due to November  (does Nintendo even have a major WIiU exclusive for Nov?) and that momentum will continue with Just Cause 3 and Hitman (both easily with far more appeal than XBX) plus the Star Wars movie.

Nintendo thinks December is a good release month since games never usually release during that period: the problem is that their final release date is between 2 highly antiicapted titles (and not on their console either). 

XBX doesnt just need a big marketting push, it needs Nintendo to go all in. And I doubt they are going to do that because it is far too risky.

What I was saying is there is overlap, that people who play all kinds of games (Fallout, CoD, Dragon Age, etc) also play games like Smash and Kart.  That's what has made the franchises successful afterall.  I think that the Kart and Smash demographics overlap with a lot of different audiences, so a lot of the audience XCX interests would also be interested in Smash and Kart and other games on the system, this would just be the tipping point.  A Wii U pricecut would also be helpful.  And like I said, I agree they won't put in the effort for it to be as big as it could.  It has good odds to outsell the first one and I think they'll take that and be done with it. 

Around the Network

Reggie, think-man

Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:
Reggie is the nintendo's clown, good job, being paid to make laugh people

He said the same about Splatoon, no one believed him, now we know WiiU has been selling almost 3 times more for 4 consecutive weeks on Japan.

Yes, Splatoon did. XCX did not.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

If this game sells a million copies lifetime then that would be good. Not exactly a system seller...

That being said, I will buy it since I loved the last game in the series.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Faxanadu said:
Goodnightmoon said:

He said the same about Splatoon, no one believed him, now we know WiiU has been selling almost 3 times more for 4 consecutive weeks on Japan.

Yes, Splatoon did. XCX did not.

XCX was made thinking on western audiences so is here where we´ll see if the game is a system seller or not. And btw WiiU went up from 6k to 21k on Japan at release, it sold systems there.