By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Thinks Xenoblade Chronicles X will be a System Seller

EricFabian said:
Alkibiádēs said:
I doubt it, far too niche.

like Splatoon?

How is an online shooter niche?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Man, people are rather salty at Reggie. Of course X can be a system seller, there's a big absence of JRPG's on the Wii U, and with the caliber of X, it'll bring a few of those gamers. And with FExSMT also coming, it would make sense to buy a Wii U this december.

Now, when you hear system seller, don't think what Mario Kart 8 did, got it?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I agree with you guys, XCX will not be a system seller. But what about Reggie's "competitive console" statement? What does that mean?

Alkibiádēs said:
EricFabian said:
Alkibiádēs said:
I doubt it, far too niche.

like Splatoon?

How is an online shooter niche?

Tell that to people here and gaf

Click HERE and be happy 

It'll sell some consoles, but not that much

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I completely agree with Reggie here. Of course X could sell a couple of Wii Us; give it the benefit of the doubt people.

Last time that Reggie thought one games was a sistem seller was with Splatoon... humm...

With a good job and good marketing he easy can. It's all on the Nintendo hands.

Yeah thought it was funny to see "a competitive console"... but my guess is that he meant something more like "a competitor's console".

Aerys said:
Reggie is the nintendo's clown, good job, being paid to make laugh people

He said the same about Splatoon, no one believed him, now we know WiiU has been selling almost 3 times more for 4 consecutive weeks on Japan.

TBH I didn't even know about XCX until some time after I got the WiiU -- but it's made me glad I have the system.

Because of XCX, I think I could honestly go through 2016 until the Zelda U release the following holiday and be a happy WiiU owner.

I normally don't have any interest in JRPGs. The last one I played was Final Fantasy 12 on PS2. This one has my full attention. Top of my Christmas list. I'll probably be obnoxious and share screenshots on Twitter all 2016 because I've waited so damn long now.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016