By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Thinks Xenoblade Chronicles X will be a System Seller

Vor said:
EricFabian said:

Tell that to people here and gaf

But we have more shooter game than other this gen.

Not on Wii U

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Hmmm. I just thought it was really weird of him to say that XCX will appeal to people who have a "competitive console." That was what I found most interesting about this quote as it implies that the Wii U is not competitive (but what is competitive exactly?). This raises the question of why, and I wish the interviewer had pressed him on this. Oh well.

He obviously meant "competitive console" as in "competitor console".

Open World RPGs are something the ps4/one crowd seems to like and Xenoblade X seems to be one of the biggest open world RPG this gen.

Aerys said:
Reggie is the nintendo's clown, good job, being paid to make laugh people

good thing you do that service for free here in vg chartz.

Boi, it's niche.

I know people buying a Wii U for this game.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Nuvendil said:

The game certainly has a lot of the earmarks of something that could be huge. It's open world, it's scifi, a focus on exploration, lots of player freedom, it has a lot in common with other big open world games that are very popular.  However, I doubt it will sell a lot of systems. Not due to the game. But rather, due to Nintendo. Seeing as how they gave it a paltry one minute and thirty seconds in their E3 presentation, I have my serious doubts they'll market this with any effort. And the youth of this IP means they must - absolutely must - advertise hard if they want this to sell systems. In other words, they have to learn that to make money they have to spend money.

I think its a lot more than that. Sure XBX can check off the list, but consider when it releases? In early December between Just Cause 3 and Hitman. Which of these 3 games has the least value for most games when buying a new console? XB. And unless the WIiU is on an upward swing from Oct/ Nov (the PS4/ X1 will be doubly so) what chance does XB really have to help sell consoles? especialyl as a JRPG with little JRPG software on the WiiU (it will be releasing after an influx of JRPGS on PS4).

The timing is bad for it to relaly have much impact. Of course, the reality could be much different. 

Well, one thing history bears out about Nintendo's general IPs are that they have very broad appeal.  People of all types have played and enjoyed Smash and Kart and the like.  So Nintendo's backlog does them some favors in terms of value and of course everyone knows about the backlog.  I still firmly believe the biggest problem here is Nintendo's promotion.  Whereas most companies put heavy marketing behind IP with big potential, even new ones (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Bloodborne), Nintendo is very selective about what they promote.  And without promotion, it won't matter when it launches. 

It'll sell systems, just in reasonable quantity. Obviously not at MK8 level, but I think it will do a good enough job on its own.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I think this will outsell the first and probably move more systems in the US than EU.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I've seen alot of people saying they were waiting for this game to get a Wii U. So it might move a couple thousand units. As for Xenoblade being niche, it's really not anymore. The original has over 1 million copies sold (Wii + New 3DS) and Shulk being Smash really helped it get a bigger fanbase

I am sure it will sell at least one WiiU. Therefore Reggie is right......................

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.