By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshis Woolly world is fantastic.

MakeAccountLater said:
I started playing it with my wife yesterday (bought the green yarn yoshi amiibo bundle), and we're loving it. Difficulty is perfect! We play on mellow mode together and if we missed any collectibles during our together run, I collect the remaining ones afterwards on normal difficulty... Meaning that I get my challenge, and she can use a different woolly yoshi every level she plays . It's the first platform game since Kirby's Epic Yarn she REALLY likes.

Great stuff!

This sounds great, my sister was a little worried that Yoshi would be too difficult, she also loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. Awesome co-op planned for next week!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
MakeAccountLater said:
I started playing it with my wife yesterday (bought the green yarn yoshi amiibo bundle), and we're loving it. Difficulty is perfect! We play on mellow mode together and if we missed any collectibles during our together run, I collect the remaining ones afterwards on normal difficulty... Meaning that I get my challenge, and she can use a different woolly yoshi every level she plays . It's the first platform game since Kirby's Epic Yarn she REALLY likes.

Great stuff!

This sounds great, my sister was a little worried that Yoshi would be too difficult, she also loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. Awesome co-op planned for next week!

To be honnest, we haven't gotten really far yet. But the first few levels are definitely more than easy enough (while remaining enjoyable). In mellow mode, Yoshi's flutter jump turns into flying. So if you keep the jump button pressed, he won't fall at all! My wife also uses the Wiimote to aim. So instead of having to time her throw with the pro controller or gamepad, she can just tilt the Wiimote left or right to aim her throw, which she finds easier to do.  Also, when one player falls in a pit or something, they just respawn as an Egg (which hatches when the other player touches it), so it's pretty difficult to actually fail a level in co-op (again I'm talking about the first few levels from experience). Anyways, they've really made an effort to make this the most accessible Yoshi-game ever! 

Hope you and your sisters will enjoy it as well!

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Paatar said:
Angelv577 said:
It has a 79 metascore so it looks like a solid game.

Metascores/review scores don't define games all the time. Some 70 rated games on Meta are some of the most fun, while some that are 90 are some of the most boring. First it all comes down to personal opinion. Some will like one game more than the other and vice versa. Point is, reviews should not define if a game is good or not. Sure they are an indicator... but they aren't always correct.

The reviewers are also measuring the launch price its a 40$ 2D platformer so of course they cant give it 90%

Really enjoying it so far. Great game, would rate it at 85 or something like that. Great co-op!

Good gameplay (albeit the bosses are a bit dissapointing) still gathering all collectibles isnt the easiest task and is good enough challenge for anyone.

Third best plattformer on the console after Tropical Freeze and Rayman.

I expecting my copy at end of week.

Around the Network

October can't come soon enough.

MakeAccountLater said:
TomaTito said:

To be honnest, we haven't gotten really far yet. But the first few levels are definitely more than easy enough (while remaining enjoyable). In mellow mode, Yoshi's flutter jump turns into flying. So if you keep the jump button pressed, he won't fall at all! My wife also uses the Wiimote to aim. So instead of having to time her throw with the pro controller or gamepad, she can just tilt the Wiimote left or right to aim her throw, which she finds easier to do.  Also, when one player falls in a pit or something, they just respawn as an Egg (which hatches when the other player touches it), so it's pretty difficult to actually fail a level in co-op (again I'm talking about the first few levels from experience). Anyways, they've really made an effort to make this the most accessible Yoshi-game ever! 

Hope you and your sisters will enjoy it as well!

I was gonna recommend tropical freeze, because thats one of my fave games of all time, but it might be a bit difficult :/ but yoshi woolly world normal mode is actually preatty challenging

Ruler said:

The reviewers are also measuring the launch price its a 40$ 2D platformer so of course they cant give it 90%

Why not? Super meat boy is a 15$ 2D platformer and has 87 metascore, for example and there's tons of small games with high metas. Isn't it more the relation of content to price that goes towards the score? Like Splatoon was marked down for it's percieved lack of content at launch, while being full price in NA rewiews, and probably would have scored better if it had been a 40$ budget titel like in the rest of the world.

As for the 6/10 rewiews it got, I have only read the gamespot one and the rewiewer didn't really seem to get the game. He complains on end that the extent of the games games challenge is optional. I see it as good game design being able to seemlessly and organically decide how challenging you want your expierience to be. Whereas it reads like he would have been much happier with the game if it just offered a more standart difficulty selection where he would have been able to choose hard mode.

As it is he doesn't count the collectables, which are clearly meant to be a core mechanic, as such but as bonus content that doesn't really count. And then he goes on to say that the game feels characterless, and lacks charm and polish. In a game that I found to be perhaps the most charming expierience on the system as of yet, that practically oozes with the character of it's world and that tme and time astounds me with the countless little details it holds in it's presentation, he complains about the three things this game does best. At that point you can't even be angry at the poor rewiewer guy, he is obvioursly dead insinde....:P

On a more serious note, what I gather from it is that wether or not you will be able to enjoy this game depends on if you're able to connect with its visuals and game design strategy which he obviously didn't do.

Second that - best Yoshi game to date.

controls are just perfect this time.cute we all know that but it is clever, challenging... a joy to play!

Switch!!!

Acevil said:
I finally know what it feels like being a European by being a North American! T_T

But you north americans will eventually get the games.

We never got Xenogears, Xenosaga III, the Etrian Odyssey II & III, Chrono Trigger and the list goes on.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.