By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

reggin_bolas said:
Many gaming media sites have unfortunately taken side in this unfolding human drama. Notably "Gayspot."

Don't kid yourselves here, the rainbow flag is a political flag, possibly the unifying flag for atheism as well. Gay rights is a political, left-wing ideology. It's not some form of sacrosanct human rights crusade. It's politics blended with pop culture.

There is something fundementally wrong with wanting to stop two people of appropiate age who really love each other from getting married.  Don't you understand that you don't have a right to validate them?  Its like people who rail against interracial couples like somehow, these couples need to be validated by old perspectives and the bigoty that exsist inside of someone elses head.  This is a human right issue because they are human.  

That this was even an issue that was allowed to be politicized by both sides is a failure on our part for letting this be an issue at all.

That some governors are using tax payer money to sue to stop people from marrying is insane on so many levels.  Marriage should be defined by love. 

Around the Network

Edit: Nah.  Not gonna feed.

DolPhanTendo said:
Normchacho said:

Those are two very different things. Everyone has the legal right to display religous text in a private business or home, and there is no such law against saying Merry Christmas.  You don't however have the right to keep people from being upset about it. Just like is somebody wanted to hang a Soviet flag from their house, people would be pissed, but it would be their legal right to do so.

I guess you missed the UC- Santa Barbra news about banning all American flags because it offended a few. Lucky the PEOPLE stood up and they later repelled the ban. 

Yes that is Government institution banning something

You mean earlier this year when the legislative council of the UC Irvine student government passed a ban on having the American flag outside of it's lobby? That was a group of students, not the University itself and even then, the student government executive council shot down the ban.

In fact, UC Irvine released this statement after the vote;

"We hold the value of intellectual inquiry and the free and rigorous exchange of ideas as bedrock values of institutions of higher education. And yet, we are constantly reminded that those values we cherish are, in part, guaranteed by the sacrifices made and the struggles waged to secure the freedom and democracy that the flag symbolizes. UCI never takes that for granted."

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/03/09/uc-irvine-didnt-ban-flag-may-not-be-what-you-read-online

Not even close to the same as the government banning the flag.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

reggin_bolas said:
Many gaming media sites have unfortunately taken side in this unfolding human drama. Notably "Gayspot."

Don't kid yourselves here, the rainbow flag is a political flag, possibly the unifying flag for atheism as well. Gay rights is a political, left-wing ideology. It's not some form of sacrosanct human rights crusade. It's politics blended with pop culture.

Or it's actually liberalism in its truest form.

I cannot be happy about this. This is so unnatural that should be illegal. This is only going to incourage more people to do it cuz is the norm, and willl be put on social media a lot making the the cool thing to do... Untill the next thing hits.

Marriage is unnatural and offers no benefitcs. Ist a goverment contract, Like I need the goverment to tell me what the next step should be for me and my couple. Like I cant have kids or a healthy relationship and/or family without a contract that fucks me over and just complicates things by bringing up crap of "what if it goes bad?", "who keeps the kids", "who maintains who". Its all unesesary.

I never been married, but all the people I know that are just loose themsef in it. Its only about the family with no time for themselfs. They repress their emotions untill it explodes and makes a broken family. Reason is, they are no longer in a relationship cuz of love, they are in one cuz if they leave it, the law f**ks them. And that fake add that is cheaper to be married, with tax brakes and one roof's shared expenses, although is cheaper to rent one bigger apt the 2 small ones, the cost is outweight by all the other bullshit previously mentioned.

Marriage should be determined by the 2 indiviiduals, with their rules, claus for who brakes the agreement, the penaltys of cheating and kids and all they want to add, then make the goverment officiate it and make them oblige. The goverment cant and shouldnt decide what is best for every couple. Diferent type of people and diferent types of situations.

So in short, say no to marriage. Gay people just want to do it cuz they got told no before. But now they will see just how awfull it trully is for themselfs.

P.S. Yes, I intetionally made it sound like it was about anti gay stuff. Sorry for the long rant. Just really see no benefict in this crap.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
reggin_bolas said:

Or it's actually liberalism in its truest form.

Nah because it will invariably lead to increased persecution of Christian devotees in the land. There will be more law suits, there will be pressure on the clergy to marry same-sex couples in their places of veneration. 

It is liberalism for some. 

The way nature works is genetics keeps varying hence why none of us look the same, height varies etc. Same with hormones and many other variables. Most people will be attracted to the opposite gender, some may be sexually attracted to both or the same gender or none at all that's just the way it is because that is how nature and evolution works, it keeps varying and the successful formula produces offspring.

There is no compassion in nature its just mathematics basically, a random number generator that keeps creating subtle variations of animals. Nature doesn't take prisoners, if a pregnant creature can't get away from a predator it will get ripped apart and devoured with its young inside it.

As humans we have rejected nature as is and have our own rules to make our lives better and not have to endure the horrors of the wild.

There is nothing un-natural about being gay because it was nature itself that created these people. People need to stop believing religious bullshit that doesn't have a single fact that supports it and show some empathy for other people.

I'm not gay and it seems to me a bit strange but I support 100% the right of people to live their lives the way they want to as long as it doesn't harm other people.

You should not get your moral values exclusively from religion. Most of the religions were written in dark times, with little understanding about the world and nature. Ritual acts, burying the dead etc dates back all the way to neanderthals and that was probably the birth of religion as a concept. Those were not enlightened times, religion just filled the void of what we didn't know. We are long past that now with a pretty good understanding of reality with no need for magical nonsense to fill gaps in our undertanding.

Mummelmann said:
reggin_bolas said:

If I were to tell the Syrian kid at work who fled the war and had his family killed by IS that you feel persecuted, he would probably stare at me in open-eyed amazement, understandably so.

PS: Devolving the human race into a fleshy vessel of biological instinct and duties is immensely backwards and goes against most philosophical and moral progress we've made for centuries.

I absolutly love this analogy. I am more and more shocked every day, by how people forget what perspective means. I know that the Syrian kid is kind-off a shock perspective, but unfortunatly this situation and similar ones are not that rare. When ones family is murdered because you were born is the wrong place, and others argue that gay marriage should be illegal, you simply see just how different the global problem spectrum is

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'm confused why people are feeling persecuted and that their rights have been taken away.

I must have missed the part of the ruling where everyone HAS to get married to someone of the same sex now. Otherwise, it just sounds like people are throwing tantrums because they can't control the rest of the populace by imposing their religious dogma on them...

Esiar said:
o_O.Q said:

nope i'm pretty sure it means age

what you have to acknowledge first though is that the bible to a large degree is based on astrological alegories

Era/age, same thing for me. But, I know I saw something that debunked it.

well what i would advise you to do is to take your time and look into it yourself

i'd also add that jesus isn't coming back to save civilisation and that its completely up to our actions where civilisation heads next but again you have to be willing to actually look and i've realised most people aren't so whatever