By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

reggin_bolas said:

Nah because it will invariably lead to increased persecution of Christian devotees in the land. There will be more law suits, there will be pressure on the clergy to marry same-sex couples in their places of veneration. 

It is liberalism for some. 

lol the problems the church has are far more significant than gay marriage 

the very leaders of the church for the most part are traiters that are slowly but surely destroying the church from the inside out 

that is a significant part of why many of the values of the church are being eroded 

this is what the pope is saying for example

http://time.com/97695/pope-francis-would-baptize-martians/

http://www.rawstory.com/2014/10/god-is-not-a-magician-pope-says-christians-should-believe-in-evolution-and-big-bang/

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/10/27/pope-francis-evolution-inconsistent-notion-creation/

with regards to what's going on all i'll say is that angelo roncalli or pope john xxiii was a rosicrucian

Around the Network

People say it goes against religious beliefs if its not one man and one woman, but it fact that viewpoint is inconstant in the Bible. Even the 'wisest' of all men, King Solomon had 700 wives, and 300 additional sexual partners that he paid. And these were all blessings from God. So to suggest that it was God who defined marriage means you don't believe the Bible.

reggin_bolas said:
JWeinCom said:
It's quite amazing how Christians (and I know it's not all of them and not even most, but a significant portion) view giving people more freedom as an affront to their religious rights.

Your religious rights end at you. You have the right to believe what you like, and do what you like, until that right limits what another can do. If you want to pray 5 times a day facing Mecca, go for it. If you want to force other people to pray five times a day facing Mecca, you can't. If you want to not drive on Saturday, by all means don't. If you want to prevent other people from driving on Saturday, you can't. If you want to hate gay people, then go ahead. If you want to limit their rights, (or stone them to death as the Bible suggests) then you can't.

Your religious freedom does not include the freedom to oppress. And for those harping on about state rights, keep in mind that's the same argument that was used to support slavery. The big bad federal government can't take away my right to oppress people.

Religion is about determining morals and ethics. To tell people what is right and what is wrong. If you don't like that then you should just outlaw all religious practice and give in to the profane. That's exactly what is happening in EU and NA. The profane is becoming a unified anti-religious umbrella of leftist ideologies. The rainbow is its flag. 

I'm listening to wise moslem clerics lecture on homosexuality. What some of them are saying is people generally don't like to be told what they are doing is wrong. This is exactly what happened in Sodom. The profane became culture and the people became obstinate. 

Allahu Akbar!

SODOM Never happend,its LESS real than star wars.  

and yes people dont like beeing told whats wrong or right, thats why realy wise people wrote books about how to build your own moralsystem.

i dont wanna be told whats right or wrong by people who believe the earth is 6000 years old, most people are smarter than that with 12 or 14...

reggin_bolas said:
Puppyroach said:

Or it's actually liberalism in its truest form.

Nah because it will invariably lead to increased persecution of Christian devotees in the land. There will be more law suits, there will be pressure on the clergy to marry same-sex couples in their places of veneration. 

It is liberalism for some. 

Religious people have more protection under the first amendment than anyone. They have the religious freedom card that they can pull, plus freedom of speech. That and they represent 80% of the nation so you're dead wrong, dude.

Religio depopulata.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Mummelmann said:
reggin_bolas said:

If I were to tell the Syrian kid at work who fled the war and had his family killed by IS that you feel persecuted, he would probably stare at me in open-eyed amazement, understandably so.

PS: Devolving the human race into a fleshy vessel of biological instinct and duties is immensely backwards and goes against most philosophical and moral progress we've made for centuries.

I absolutly love this analogy. I am more and more shocked every day, by how people forget what perspective means. I know that the Syrian kid is kind-off a shock perspective, but unfortunatly this situation and similar ones are not that rare. When ones family is murdered because you were born is the wrong place, and others argue that gay marriage should be illegal, you simply see just how different the global problem spectrum is

Working with refugees is an amazing eye-opener for most. I feel immensely grateful for the smallest things and I get provoked over trivial complaints and self-victimization that we see much of in the West.

The SC ruling is a direct assault on the principles of federalism and inherently anti-democratic.. Christians are being politically disenfranchised as there is no way to influence the political sphere. This is just another measure to castrate religion and relegate it to private thought.

There is nothing in the constitution that expressly permits gay marriage. Just like slavery, the legislature had to draft an amendment to end the practice. What's troublesome in this case, is the judicial apparatus circumvented the separation of powers by creating new law.

Marriage is not an unqualified, fundamental human right.

reggin_bolas said:
Christians are being politically disenfranchised as there is no way to influence the political sphere. This is just another measure to castrate religion and relegate it to private thought.

Good, I can't stand religion getting in the way of government and human progress.

Hmm, pie.

reggin_bolas said:
The SC ruling is a direct assault on the principles of federalism and inherently anti-democratic.. Christians are being politically disenfranchised as there is no way to influence the political sphere. This is just another measure to castrate religion and relegate it to private thought.

There is nothing in the constitution that expressly permits gay marriage. Just like slavery, the legislature had to draft an amendment to end the practice. What's troublesome in this case, is the judicial apparatus circumvented the separation of powers by creating new law.

AS for the bold, GOOD!  Holy shit this is so good.  remember that Seperation of Church and State?  YEAH!  This is the goal, this is fair. Keep your sky demon out of the political sphere.  Like everything else in life, prove God exists, and maybe he'll have a place in schools and politics.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ka-pi96 said:
reggin_bolas said:

It is now, as it always should have been

Yeah because the SC willed it into existence out of thin air.