By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Satya Nadella: We will bring together Xbox Live and our first-party gaming efforts across PC, console, mobile....

Ruler said:
kowenicki said:

Why?  care to explain?

That is actually the opposite of the reality.

To bring Xbox to everything is like bringing OSX to everything. Consoles should remain closed

I thought segregation was a bad thing. Thought we learned this from Martin Luther King. It's time we move forward as people.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

So MS by kowenicki thrustworthy knowledge will provide different exclusives to PC, x1 and mobile. Even though they can barely develop enough first parties for console? Have been using same IPs for quite long time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
So MS by kowenicki thrustworthy knowledge will provide different exclusives to PC, x1 and mobile. Even though they can barely develop enough first parties for console? Have been using same IPs for quite long time.

I believe him, he is a shareholder after all.

Looking forward to Hello (PC), Fear of Warts (mobile), Torza Verizon (a mobile exclusive) and Fabulous (XOne, not F2P).

pbroy said:
Ruler said:

To bring Xbox to everything is like bringing OSX to everything. Consoles should remain closed

I thought segregation was a bad thing. Thought we learned this from Martin Luther King. It's time we move forward as people.

Segregation is only a good thing when Sony do it, like everything else in life. Get with the times!!!

Burek said:
DonFerrari said:

I believe him, he is a shareholder after all.

Looking forward to Hello (PC), Fear of Warts (mobile), Torza Verizon (a mobile exclusive) and Fabulous (XOne, not F2P).

Can we do a banner for in Kowen we trust?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You're ignoring one minor detail. Most people don't have PC or mobile devices that can handle X1 titles. Nor is that ideal way to play games for many. And if Windows/X1 is getting exclusives not coming to PS4, that means Playstation fans are still coming to MS.

X1 isn't just a struggling console, the console gaming industry is a struggling business. Even with PS4 on top this isn't the most profitable Playstation has ever been. Especally with the death of their mobile gaming market. Sony is trying new things like PS Now and PS Vue to expand. Nintendo is making phone games because much of their audience is now playing phones games. Basically, everybody in the console gaming business realizes that userbase is getting smaller. MS bolstering Windows gaming is an obvious move to make given Windows is still a big earner.

Yes that's true that most don't have powerful pc's, but PC gaming is much more popular than console gaming. Most people don't have pc's that can run games. but there are more gamers that have gaming pc's than consoles. 

PS fans might be coming to MS but not necessarily to Xbox. 

It is a struggling console. It's price went from $499 to $349 in a year. Meanwhile, the PS4 hasn't had one single price cut.

And I do agree that it's a struggling unprofitable business that MS is wasting time with. 

But the people that game on PC aren't necessarily the same audience as console gamers. which is why some games acheieve 5 - 20 million on consoles (combined) but do poor numbers on PC and vice versa. Steam machines for example are trying to make console gamers care about PC gaming.

Why are trying to prove to me X1 is a struggling console? I said it is. Read what I said again. However, I don't think its doing as poorly as some believe. Its not losing money like PS3, its not fading in obscurity like Vita, and it can still be successful without achieving 360 numbers.

By the way, saying it went from $499 to $349 is misleading. The $499 console had a Kinect in it. A Xbox with Kinect still cost $449-$500. Not pointing shows some bias in my opinion.

I don't think Xbox is a waste of time. MS's gaming division is worth billions and it has allowed MS to acquire an audience to push other products. Can you honestly say MS is better without Xbox? I doubt it and that's why Xbox is still around. Bottom line, the console gaming division is shrinking and MS should get serious about Windows gaming (Not PC gaming, Windows gaming). If Sony owned WIndows they would give it better support as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Libara said:
pbroy said:

Segregation is only a good thing when Sony do it, like everything else in life. Get with the times!!!

Not when Kickstarter says otherwise. Sony is just as evil.

Mr Puggsly said:

But the people that game on PC aren't necessarily the same audience as console gamers. which is why some games acheieve 5 - 20 million on consoles (combined) but do poor numbers on PC and vice versa. Steam machines for example are trying to make console gamers care about PC gaming.

Why are trying to prove to me X1 is a struggling console? I said it is. Read what I said again. However, I don't think its doing as poorly as some believe. Its not losing money like PS3, its not fading in obscurity like Vita, and it can still be successful without achieving 360 numbers.

By the way, saying it went from $499 to $349 is misleading. The $499 console had a Kinect in it. A Xbox with Kinect still cost $449-$500. Not pointing shows some bias in my opinion.

I don't think Xbox is a waste of time. MS's gaming division is worth billions and it has allowed MS to acquire an audience to push other products. Can you honestly say MS is better without Xbox? I doubt it and that's why Xbox is still around. Bottom line, the console gaming division is shrinking and MS should get serious about Windows gaming (Not PC gaming, Windows gaming). If Sony owned WIndows they would give it better support as well.

Well I can't disagree with any of your arguments. 

The $499 had Kinect with it but the $349 one comes with a free game in most places (MCC or AC Unity). 

Its worth a lot but it hardly makes a profit. If I was a big shareholder, I'd want Microsoft to stop making consoles. They can continue making games but should stopping making hardware. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well I can't disagree with any of your arguments. 

The $499 had Kinect with it but the $349 one comes with a free game in most places (MCC or AC Unity). 

Its worth a lot but it hardly makes a profit. If I was a big shareholder, I'd want Microsoft to stop making consoles. They can continue making games but should stopping making hardware. 

As far as I'm aware the X1, PS4, and WIi U come with games. I can get a PS4 right now for $399 with Batman:AK. Before that PS4 came with Last of Us. People mock X1 for throwing free games in, but free games with a PS4 seems to be ignored.

Xbox doesn't make a significant profit on its own. But you have to also consider the audience it has brought to MS and services MS has pushed on them. The reason people use MS's streaming video and music services is because of Xbox. Fans of Xbox are probably more likely to buy other MS products as well. The Xbox brand has made millions and millions of people care about MS products.

People consider X1 a failure yet it still may sell more units than a SNES (that was a popular machine, right?). Their investments in the Xbox brand don't just die with the consoles, MS can push those IPs on other products like Windows, mobile devices, Hololens, etc. So again, Xbox has been a worthwhile endeavor.

Why should MS stop making hardware? They have tons of money, they can take plenty of risks. I say MS should keep closing the gap of what is a game console versus PC. Bringing WIndows 10 to X1 is more of that.

Also, the industry doesn't benefit from MS leaving console gaming. An industry with only Sony pushing a core console is boring. More importantly, there wouldn't be much incentive for Sony to stay competitive. Prices would be higher, less money invested in IPs, less free games, etc. PS3 is what happened when Sony wasn't afraid of competition. X1 changed for the better because of competition.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:

Which I didnt say...

see you next week.

You said different games for each platform.