By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - #BuildingTheList

Wreckfest (previously Next Car Game) please!

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles dammit!

Also, Parasit Eve.

Is no one going to mention Ape Escape, Bushido Blade and Onimusha?

Okay...

I'd like to see a few ips brought back and squeals made

Lunar 3
Half Life 3
Chrono Trigger 2
Jet Force Gemini 2
Conker's Bad Fur Day 2
Skies of Arcadia 2
Jade Empire 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga 2

A few of these are very possible!

I'd really love a new Dino Crisis or a Remake.

I like dinosaurs more than zombies as they're theoretically faster and deadlier. 

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Around the Network

> Third Party Productions thread

> Everyone requesting first-and-second-party games

Not that I'm one to talk, I tweeted him about Demon's Souls Vita, but still!

They had this same list fad with the Vita - we all know how that turned out.

Hynad said:
97alexk said:

ohh yeah fans in the process, thats what they say.  They are game devs, ofc they should help and fund a game that comes to there console, thats logical. stop defending, its not okay to defend nintendo because you are a huge nintendo fan, but everything playstation comes out with you cant critize >_> plsss stop with the believing, playstation was involved, platinum had almost complete freedom of there bayonetta 2 game, and they wanted to include some nintendo costumes aswell, and nintendo practically funded the whole game. im calling it right now, microsoft sony or ea are gonna want kickstarters for every game they make

What are you on about accusing me about that crap with Nintendo?

You are complaining about it all because it's Sony. So maybe you should try harder and take a good hard look at yourself before passing baseless accusations.

You choose to believe those misinformed assumptions of yours and then tell me to stop believing? Please. Stop.

I go with the facts that are known, not with baseless assumptions and hearsay like you. Did you complain about Bloodstained's kickstarter? Nope. Didn't see you say one negative thing about it. It wasn't Sony that was involved... The two situations are similar. A gaming legend who has spent years looking for funds for his project, decided to turn to kickstarter to let the fans decide of its fate. The contracts he has signed with other investors aren't known. But suffice to say, he needs more than what they provide. You are asking Sony to finance anyone that comes to them, sign a blank check to them, just like that. Obviously, you don't run a company. xD

Let me tell you one thing that's been talked so far, about Sony's involvement in this project: They will handle the marketing of the game. Surely you must know that in this day and age, marketing makes for half of the total money spent on a game more often than not. That's when it's not even more than that. And you're going to say that it isn't enough? They're also helping with the development of the PS4 port of the game... Still not enough? Unlike Bayonatta 2 for the Wii U, Shenmue 3 isn't exclusive to Playstation. It's being made for PC, yet Sony is helping Ys Net to bring the game to the PS4. And then, you have to realize that Shenmue is Sega's IP, not Sony's. Should Sony fully fund every games from other publishers or any indie developer who presents a project to them? It's not Sony who's doing the kickstarter, it's Ys Net. So your last sentence is incredibly out of place and groundless.

You're the one complaining for no reason and trying to fuel a controversy that has no reason to be. On the only basis that it is SONY that's involved.

Seriously, just stop.

well nintendo also paid bayonettas 2 marketing, and for the PC edition sony wont market for the PC version only for playstation, and still bloodstained is something entirely different, here its an indie game, shenmue 3 could easily be brought by sony. Because there need more money to make it better, but no, they expect people to fund it, nintendo funded and marketed bayonetta 2. And sony is gonna have lots of money getting from the devs from shenmue 3, but the bloodstained project isnt. Because sony is marketing it, therefor they get a bit more money from it, then a simple indie title. Now imagine if there would be a kickstarter for bayonetta 2 to the Wii U and that was announced at E3, people would ofc rage over that aswell if it would be marketed by nintendo and would call nintendo greedy. I guarantee it, well atleast you are getting the game. I just find this the start of something terrible, and i know it will happen. this is gonna be worse than the DLC dilemma.

97alexk said:

i kinda find it disgusting sony or the playstation division couldnt fund shenmue 3 with all the money they got, Nintendo funded bayonetta 2 alot, but no they are gonna do a kickstarter, soon the newest halo game will need to have a kickstarter

Seriously if I read one more of those clueless "why didn't Sony just straight up fund this project that comes from a series that never was on PS, is 14 years old and never made any money?" comments I'll lose my mind.

97alexk said:

i kinda find it disgusting sony or the playstation division couldnt fund shenmue 3 with all the money they got, Nintendo funded bayonetta 2 alot, but no they are gonna do a kickstarter, soon the newest halo game will need to have a kickstarter

You find it 'kind of disgusting' that Sony, like every other major publisher over the last 14 years, isn't confident enough in Shenmue 3 being a commercial success to invest millions into it?

We can either praise Sony for what they are doing, or criticize everyone for not doing enough. It's pretty obvious at this point that no one wants to fund fully Shenmue 3, but Sony are at the very least increasing the probability of it existing (and in return seem to be getting development priority, which is fair enough). I can understand people wishing for more from them, i do too, but criticizing them while they're the only ones doing anything seems kind of silly to me.