By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best realistic driving game this generation? No plumber!

Your choice?

Driveclub 126 47.19%

Forza horizon 2 79 29.59%

Forza motorsport 5 17 6.37%

Project cars 29 10.86%

Need for speed rivals 12 4.49%

The crew 4 1.50%

Total:267

What is Your favourite pure driving game (no karts or bikes) so far on 8th gen consoles. Metacritic says Forza horizon 2 but your opinion may differ.

Well we all know that mario kart8 is not a pure driving game, it may feature a mercedes  benz but it is still in a different genre. And yes Mario kart 8 is an amazing game.

Also an interesting fact that of all the games listed only forza motorsport 5 has not been worked on by a british developer

Around the Network

Driveclub

I actually enjoyed Forza 5 more than Horizon 2. Seemed like a step back from the first IMO....

Or my tastes are changing. Used to hate the more "serious" type of racer.

Never played a racing game so far this gen. If I do get one it's most likely going to be Driveclub.

Mario Ka- o-ohh.... : (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I thought I was going to give Project Cars the cold shoulder (probably a kneejerk reaction against the hype it was receiving before release) but ended up trying it and loving it.

Driveclub

I only played the demos for the Forza games. Hardly enough for me to make an educated decision. In this case, I'm gonna have to trust the reviewers opinions on this one. Most people in this thread will vote for the one they played because "The one I played must clearly be the best".

no karts or bikes... well darn.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Reported for being racist.

Haven't played any of those.