By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best realistic driving game this generation? No plumber!

Your choice?

Driveclub 126 47.19%

Forza horizon 2 79 29.59%

Forza motorsport 5 17 6.37%

Project cars 29 10.86%

Need for speed rivals 12 4.49%

The crew 4 1.50%

Total:267

So the real question is "whats the 2nd best driving game so far this generation?" right??
Because you clearly set the rules to ban the one game that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Around the Network

I have to say it because it is the only good one, Mario Kart 8

GameMasterPC said:
Ruler said:

- drive club has the better visuals of all racing games

- racing games are racing games in the end of the day. 

You said racing games are only played for graphics. That is a wrong assumption no matter how you see it.

Racing games are vastly different from each other in terms of physics, cars, tracks and to say they are all the same is just wrong. Accept it dude there was nothing right with that statement of yours. That's like saying all RPG's are the same because they are RPG's. I hope you understand how wrong you are.

RPGs have different goals and objectives, racing games have the same gameplay in the end of the day. You drive forward and finish the line and most of them share the same cars. To compare them with RPGs is wrong 

I've played all except PC and NFS Rivals. The answer is Driveclub.

Ruler said:
GameMasterPC said:

You said racing games are only played for graphics. That is a wrong assumption no matter how you see it.

Racing games are vastly different from each other in terms of physics, cars, tracks and to say they are all the same is just wrong. Accept it dude there was nothing right with that statement of yours. That's like saying all RPG's are the same because they are RPG's. I hope you understand how wrong you are.

RPGs have different goals and objectives, racing games have the same gameplay in the end of the day. You drive forward and finish the line and most of them share the same cars. To compare them with RPGs is wrong 

Its clear to me you never even played a racing game. Enough of your ignorance and assumptions, I'm done having any discussions with you.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
GameMasterPC said:

Your badly mistaken. There is so much wrong with your post, I won't even point at all the assumptions you made here.

project cars?

asetto corsa?

iRacing?

driveclub has good visuals, yes. but how does this make it the best racing game when others have even better visuals?
is the order 1886 also the best thid person shooter this gen?

sadly he is right on his statement.
driveclub won the vote, just because it's a frist party sony game. not because it's the best racing game.
killzone would win every vote here against halo or gears. isn't that telling?

valeria said:
Ruler said:

project cars?

asetto corsa?

iRacing?

driveclub has good visuals, yes. but how does this make it the best racing game when others have even better visuals?
is the order 1886 also the best thid person shooter this gen?

sadly he is right on his statement.
driveclub won the vote, just because it's a frist party sony game. not because it's the best racing game.
killzone would win every vote here against halo or gears. isn't that telling?

Driveclub won because its an incredible game. KZ: SF will not win against Halo or Gears Of War here. Your assumptions are just as wrong as his.

GameMasterPC said:
Ruler said:

Its clear to me you never even played a racing game. Enough of your ignorance and assumptions, I'm done having any discussions with you.

Where i have assumptions? its a fact that a racing game is always based on reality, it has to have the same gameplay as it always have the same goals to win. And they often times have the same cars and tracks because they try to show of their bought up linceses. Racing games are like Fifa and other sport games, simulations.

They are only a view exceptions like Ridge Racer which has a very unrealistic porposley made drifting mechanics and own unique invented cars and universe. And Reiko :)

GameMasterPC said:

Driveclub won because its an incredible game. KZ: SF will not win against Halo or Gears Of War here. Your assumptions are just as wrong as his.

yeah incredible fucked up game

driveclub, the go to racing game and soon highest selling and rated racing franchise.
84k people in the us can't be wrong

Ruler said:
GameMasterPC said:

Where i have assumptions? its a fact that a racing game is always based on reality, it has to have the same gameplay as it always have the same goals to win. And they often times have the same cars and tracks because they try to show of their bought up linceses. Racing games are like Fifa and other sport games, simulations.

They are only a view exceptions like Ridge Racer which has a very unrealistic porposley made drifting mechanics and own unique invented cars and universe. And Reiko :)

Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 5 all have very different physics. GT is a different beast. Its not always what you do, but how you do it. FIFA and PES are not the same despite both being football games. The gameplay is very different. You've clearly not played these games so please don't comment on which one is the best based on your assumptions. Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 could not be any more different.