By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: We anticipated that fans would have a negative reaction to Metriod Prime: Federation Force

It seems that Reggie is just covering up for NoJ's miscalculations. I do genuinely believe Reggie knows what's up and what the fans want but I can't say the same for NoJ.

Around the Network

OMG

Reggie, first Zelda, now this?

I'm getting sick of these excuses.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

InnocentSin said:
It seems that Reggie is just covering up for NoJ's miscalculations. I do genuinely believe Reggie knows what's up and what the fans want but I can't say the same for NoJ.

It could be. He has to cover his boss, like many of us.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

InnocentSin said:

Metroid: FF is made by Canadians...

Samus Aran said:
InnocentSin said:

Metroid: FF is made by Canadians...

WHATTTTTT?!

I did not know this. Alas, despite that, the concept was conceived and greenlit by NoJ.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:
For those who did not click the link, here's the entirety of the quote:

"In terms of opportunities for improvement… there are games where you need to have hands-on time to really appreciate. Certainly, Metroid Prime: Federation Force is one of those types of games. We anticipated that consumers would say “Where’s Samus?” and “Where’s my traditional Metroid Prime game?” We anticipated that. As I walked the floor and talked to people who were playing Blast Ball, they’re loving it. They’re excited about it, they’re excited about the controls. One of our challenges at Nintendo, always, is how do we communicate the charm and appeal of a game to people who don’t get a chance to play it? It’s always a challenge. I say with Federation Force, we may have fallen a little short in communicating what the charm is of that game. Good news: we’ll have lots of other opportunities to address that and get people to experience it hands-on. We think they’re gonna come away in the end feeling like it’s a lot of fun."

What he's saying is 'give the game a chance'. I agree, give the game a chance. Every game deserves a chance.

Hope to see you saying it to all games bashed here in vgc.

Well if I come across a game getting bashed out of hand, I'll likely say something.

Pavolink said:
InnocentSin said:

It could be. He has to cover his boss, like many of us.

Others preffer to expose the boss and take his place. Maybe Phill Spencer changed the charts and made Don Matrick read those words and be sacked.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JGarret said:
So why make the game at all?

Maybe it was sort of an evolving process?

Next Level Games might have been given the project being told something along the lines of "Make a 3DS counterpart for Metroid Prime Hunters for the 3DS" and started with the multiplayer. After all, they did a good job with multiplayer in Luigi's Mansion 2. But if they started with a multiplayer focus, that might have sabotaged the single player component. Mechanics for a team-based shooter are going to be different from those for a lonely Metroid title.

If that were the case, Next Level would have a few choices. They could start from scratch, wasting time and resources, they could include an inferior single player mode, which would distract from the multiplayer without being very high quality, or they could scrap the traditional Metroid experience and go full-spinoff.

And since Nintendo is not using Metroid much at the moment, letting the series experiment a bit would not do much harm.

Love and tolerate.

Sounds doubtful, Reg. This game would've been more readily accepted in a Direct.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

so, why you showed it on biggest game event?
you should have put it on a direct, and showed SMTxFE for the first time on E3.