By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yu Suzuki: Sony and Shibuya Productions are not seeing a cent of your Shenmue 3 Kickstarter dollars

Its doomed me thinks it will never reach 10m, too much negative FUD has already been spread about the "shadiness of Sonys involvement" It will probs reach 5m by the end tho.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Azerth said:
Ya but sony is helping fund it so why cant they hust give them 10mil to get the open world stuff

seriously not this rubbish again...

Sony's support for the game starts and end at assisting in production and marketing of the game.  They are not putting money into any form of development. 

This is in line with what they do with other indie developlers (of which some even release their games on other platforms because Sony has not invested in the actual game).

As Suzuki has said, funding comes directly from KS and only KS. Sony is helping with promoting the game, which is pretty much what they did at their conference: they promotedthe game and its kickstarter.

If that's true then I don't have much hope for this game. There is no way to make an open world game for the amount of money they'll get from Shenmue.

Mystro-Sama said:
But they're asking for 10m... which is double Bloodstained's budget which is the currently the most funded game on kickstarter if i'm not mistaken.

Was Star Citizen not kickstarted?

noname2200 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
But they're asking for 10m... which is double Bloodstained's budget which is the currently the most funded game on kickstarter if i'm not mistaken.

Star Citizen funds came about mostly by donations.

Bloodstained is the most successful KS project ever, look at its fund amount.

Goatseye said:
noname2200 said:

Star Citizen funds came about mostly by donations.

Bloodstained is the most successful KS project ever, look at its fund amount.

Huh, learn something new. Thanks!

Around the Network

Sony seems to have no problems coming up with money for their new BFF this generation, Activision, so why can't they give some real money to a developer that actually needs it? They already milked the game at E3 with some gamers declaring Sony won E3 because of this announcement, they owe him something for that kind of perception.

It's "For the gamers" not "F*ck the gamers". It's really sad how quickly the old Sony seems to be rearing its ugly head again after how good they were with PS3 gamers. I'm actually glad that Xbox One is struggling because you can actually see the good changes that a humbled Microsoft has brought to that platform.

Too late, the damage has already been done.

tiffac said:

NatureOfLogic said:
tiffac said:

HAHAHAHAHA! XD

tiffac said:
NatureOfLogic said:

nothingstopsthistrain.gif

HAHAHAHAHA! XD