By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki June 15th - 21st 2015

forethought14 said:
Bomba May Cry, at least it saved PS4 from going sub 10K....or was it e3 announcements? Bombalocrois, Story of Flopsons Bombatale.

Wii U holding, but slipping slowly. PSV passes 4 million!

Uh, a HD remaster of DMC4 doing 40k is hardly bomba. It's not great sales, but it's not horrible. Look at what the DMC collection did.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Wow.. That is insane. I think the best part of it all is that Japanese gamers are rushing out to buy a new IP from a home console. Wait until August when they drop that update and do more crazy marketing for it.

Go Wii U!!

I think it'll be a close one this holidays in Japan. I wouldn't underestimate SMT X FE, as both franchises are pretty popular in Japan, and then there it is the whole "Persona" feel of the game, which also happens to be a popular franchise in Japan. That title alone could help Wii U a lot.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205146&page=1#

MEDIA CREATE NUMBERS

Week Gap sales (Splatoon)
1 325,892 144,818 -181,074
2 73,051 68,913 -4,138
3 42,261 53,198 +10,937
4 28,112 43,653 +15,541
5 23,520    
6 19,386    
7 15,143    
8 14,992    
9 18,192    
10 18,067    
TOTAL 578,616 ? ?

Gap sales should be lifetime up until that point.

If you don't want to do that, should create a 4th column to track it.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
het MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Actual digital sales at 20k sounds very low. I would expect their numbers to be higher if they're doing any sort of tracking at all.

Yeah it sounds low. That 's what makes you wonder how accurate are Famitsu's digital estimates. Or maybe the problem are the Download cards? I also have my doubts on this since they're sold in convenience stores too (not only game stores) and these doesn't seem to be included on Famitsu's tracked stores.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:
outlawauron said:
het MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Actual digital sales at 20k sounds very low. I would expect their numbers to be higher if they're doing any sort of tracking at all.

Yeah it sounds low. That 's what makes you wonder how accurate are Famitsu's digital estimates. Or maybe the problem are the Download cards? I also have my doubts on this since they're sold in convinience stores too (not only game stores) and these doesn't seem to be included on Famitsu's tracked stores.

Do you think Famitsu may have overtracked it a bit? That would be the only explanation for as I don't believe digital sales are that low.

This data doesn't make me doubt their estimates. At least not yet. Will have to see what number they actually put out.

Kuksenkov said:
Go Wii U!!

I think it'll be a close one this holidays in Japan. I wouldn't underestimate SMT X FE, as both franchises are pretty popular in Japan, and then there it is the whole "Persona" feel of the game, which also happens to be a popular franchise in Japan. That title alone could help Wii U a lot.

I actually think the "Persona" feel of the game is the reason the game might end up bombing -- or, even if it sells a respectable number of units, it won't move consoles.

As far as we know, the game is getting released in Japan around the same time as Persona 5. The likelihood that one both of these games will be extremely long (80-100 hours is more or less expected for Persona at this point) exacerbates the issue. As I see it, it seems likely that SMT x FE will be seen as almost a knockoff version of Persona 5. This is further exacerbated by the fact that Persona is an established JRPG franchise (I think it's the third most popular console JRPG franchise after Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, but feel free to correct me on this) and that SMT x FE, while based on two popular JRPG franchises, is a spinoff game that appears very different due to its significant changes in art style and tone.

I can see it selling 80k units or so in Japan in the first month, but I imagine the number of consoles it will move will be negligible. Of course, I was completely wrong about Splatoon, so who knows.

And on that note: holy crap, Splatoon is still going.

Great week! DMC4 did okay and PS4 clawing back, Heavensward could push it more next week.
Vita climbing too :D
SPLATOOOOON...I wonder if it can make it to 2016 in the top 20

I'll go optimist and say the worst of 2015 is behind.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Amazing Splatoon sales as usual. I guess I'm going to win my bet about it outperforming Titanfall (XB1 version). :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won