By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reggie was right about the 5 to 6 years comment

padib said:
Aerys said:

Sorry but thé announced early in 2013 was official, its not because they dont give a trailer that its not official, they showed a logo , they announced a new Zelda explaining few things about it, thats an announcement 

He obviously meant unveil. If not, who at e3 announced anothing with a logo and just saying it's coming out, and if that's what he meant then why is it a jab, what does it refer to?

If hé wanted to say unveil, hé would have Said it, thé fact is hé didnt say it and fans waited for thé game since 2013 announcement 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

You're right in some aspects; Reggie's comment was taken a little out of context and dog-piled upon. I think if the article had included a larger slice of the interview that included the comment, it would not have seemed like such a...... petty comment? Thus, it would not have been so easy to target. Still, on the topic of the comment:

I for one applaud Reggie for trash talking a little. The context of the situation makes him look petty; I mean the Wii U isn't doing that great, and E3 wasn't well received, so he is probably a little frustrated when he hears questions like the one that triggered this remark. Was it uncalled for? Depends on your definition of "professional". Like I said before, in my opinion, I don't mind a little trash talk between suits to spice things up a little

At the same time, don't throw yourself under the same bus that Reggie just got thrown under. Unless that was your intention; in which case carry on.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Normchacho said:
It was an absolutely unnecessary (and borderline hypocritical) jab at Sony that did nothing to help Nintendo or peoples view of them.

Also, you criticize people for not having a solid argument but then offer non of your own in this thread. All you said was that people who disagree with you didn't have good arguments and people that agree with you were being sensible.

Hypocritical or not, i can't disagree with Reggie statement, as i spoke the very same thing after SONY conference was over. Shemue is not even in development, god knows when square will actually work on their games and TLG was a joke by now.

If SONY won, to me, was because of Horizon: Zero Dawn gameplay footage, not because of 3 games that may or may not be released in the next half-decade. 

marsoRa said:
Aerys said:
That is untrue, Zelda has been announced during a direct early in 2013

So almost 4 years of waiting, so its Kinda stupid to hear this comment coming from him

Should stop to be so much arrogant, hé becomes a disgusting pr like mattrick

Dude? I'm shocked. r-really.

Do you know how to count

Yes, do you ? January 2013 to almost january 2017 = almost 4 years ( and that is only if thé game is not delayed, it could even be cross gen now )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

padib said:

I gave proper arguments. When is FFVII remake coming out? When was TLG first unveiled?

If Reggie wanted to play that way, he could easily unveil games that are in development now, I think that's what he's trying to say. But Nintendo doesn't do that, and that was exactly his point, and it is still correct.

@abbath. He may not be doing a good job, it doesn't make him wrong.

When are people going to realize that calling their own arguments good makes as much sense as liking their own facebook status? Of course you think they're good/proper. You wouldn't post them if you think they weren't. It's like saying "I agree with myself".

What you can do is express an opinion. If someone has a different opinion, then you can have a debate. Convince them with your argument. You need to realize that there is nothing factual here. It's all subjective. As a result, even if you think that he isn't wrong, it doesn't mean that that's the truth/realityfact or any kind of word that people like to use these days. Accept that people have a different opinion than yours and move on.

The way I see it, it's an incredibly silly thing to say. Especially someone who has such an important position. It sounds as if Sony always does it, which is not true. TLG is a special case as it faced serious development problems and had to be redone on ps4. Ninty games can me made faster as they are less ambitious from a technical point of view.

Around the Network
padib said:
Normchacho said:
It was an absolutely unnecessary (and borderline hypocritical) jab at Sony that did nothing to help Nintendo or peoples view of them.

Also, you criticize people for not having a solid argument but then offer non of your own in this thread. All you said was that people who disagree with you didn't have good arguments and people that agree with you were being sensible.

I gave proper arguments. When is FFVII remake coming out? When was TLG first unveiled?

If Reggie wanted to play that way, he could easily unveil games that are in development now, I think that's what he's trying to say. But Nintendo doesn't do that, and that was exactly his point, and it is still correct.

@abbath. He may not be doing a good job, it doesn't make him wrong.

You didn't. We have no idea when FFVII remake is coming out, it could be late 2016 for all we know, that hardly justifies his comment. TLG is the only example that makes any sense in the context of his comment. Nothing Sony has announced since then has taken 5-6 years to release.

The last SSB was first announced at E3 in 2011, It didn't launch till late 2014.

Nintendos average time between announcement and launch isn't actually any better than Sonys. Especially when you consider how much smaller Nintendo games are than big AAA Sony releases.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The Last Guardian only got delayed because of serious development issues. You can't blame Sony for that. In fact, it's better that way. Better than releasing some unfinished Product for a quick buck. As for Shenmue, Suzuki wanted Kickstarter. How exactly is he supposed to get that done without announcing the game? And we don't know when FF7R will release, that's all just speculation.

Nintendo know themselves what development hell can do to a Game and the planned Release Date. And that's why they shouldn't trash talk about other companies for that. There are way better reasons to bitch about.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

padib said:
naruball said:

When are people going to realize that calling their own arguments good makes as much sense as liking their own facebook status? Of course you think they're good/proper. You wouldn't post them if you think they weren't. It's like saying "I agree with myself".

What you can do is express an opinion. If someone has a different opinion, then you can have a debate. Convince them with your argument. You need to realize that there is nothing factual here. It's all subjective. As a result, even if you think that he isn't wrong, it doesn't mean that that's the truth/realityfact or any kind of word that people like to use these days. Accept that people have a different opinion than yours and move on.

The way I see it, it's an incredibly silly thing to say. Especially someone who has such an important position. It sounds as if Sony always does it, which is not true. TLG is a special case as it faced serious development problems and had to be redone on ps4. Ninty games can me made faster as they are less ambitious from a technical point of view.

You can justify it all you want, it doesn't make Reggie incorrect. He is right, that while Nintendo could very well show an in-development version of Prime, they prefered not show anything. They even hesitated to show Zelda U at e3 2013 but they didn't because it's just not their style.

Is he incorrect yes or no? I don't care about opinion this or opinion that, let's talk facts.

Well, if you want to talk about facts, how about talking about actual facts instead of stating your opinion as if it were a fact?

padib said:
naruball said:

You can justify it all you want, it doesn't make Reggie incorrect. He is right, that while Nintendo could very well show an in-development version of Prime, they prefered not show anything. They even hesitated to show Zelda U at e3 2013 but they didn't because it's just not their style.

Is he incorrect yes or no? I don't care about opinion this or opinion that, let's talk facts.

He's only correct if you look at the absolute narrowest view of what he said. Which completely removes any context or meaning from his statement.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Weak statement, but anything to draw attention away from Starfox 64-2 & Soccer Prime. Were I in his unfortunate (but probably well-paid) position, I'd be pushing all these upcoming JRPG exclusives like each were the second coming, not waste time flinging dirt at other companies.