By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's rant about our gaming backlogs.

I've actually blazed through mine for the most part (well my modern one anyway); I haven't finished FFX-2 or Peace Walker yet but I don't really intend to. After TWD season 1 I have Okami and Just Cause 2 before I move up to PS4 mid-July. My retro backlog tho? Immense

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

I was backed up to 4 games:battlefield hardline, the order 1886, gta5 and bloodborne. Finished all them in about a month except bloodborne

Ughh soo many games in my backlog, but I've cleared a few of them so I'm quite happy

Current Backlog:
Ace Attorney Justice for All -> Trials and Tribulations
Fire Emblem 6
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Bravely Default (?)

For Later:
Etrian Odyssey 2 -> 3
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance -> Radiant Dawn
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening, NES, Oracle of Ages+Seasons

....and a whole another list once I get a PS3 :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I don't have any. I use to do that, but it never worked. I'd have wrapped games laying around everywhere... and Steam games that never got played. So you know what I did? Sold the physical games and deleted the digital ones.

I'd suggest it to all of you who feel stressed trying to cram 100 games into your schedule a month. Just... let go. Pick like the start of a month, and buy the first big game you want, and go in fresh. And when you do? KEEP UP WITH THEM THIS TIME.

You'll thank me later lol

Right now

Bladestorm nightmare - close
shenmue 2 - close
Siren 2 -?
klonoa - mid
dark souls 2 - very early

Thats the games i am focused now. Games i just buy i dont necessarly plan to beat them any time soon.

Around the Network

About maybe... 5 years ago on this site. I made a huge backlog list of games I have yet to played. It might have been more than 100 games and that is not counting steam games (I used to be a huge collector)  

I still haven't played half of them, but I found a solution to this. I actually just give up on games that I lose interest on and just focus on the absolute favorites. I have too many Steam games that I'll probably never play and I just started to play Witcher series even though I've had it for years. 

Remember there is absolutely no rush, The games will not go away and you'll still be there to play them any time you like. One at a time, no rush. Remember you're an adult, you have priorities. You're not obligated to play games. Don't let it be an addiction. 

If you have a daze from video games, and feeling like "You're not feeling it anymore" you can get into novels. No you're not "Growing out of it" you just need a break from it. 

Gaming like all hobbies are a waste of time, so don't make that waste of time become a chore and do not waste your time on things you do not like. 

Be more productive with your time

I used to have a backlog problem on X360. I bought so many games cheaply online, that at one point in time I had a backlog of 130 discs, along with some 50-60 arcade games.
But I had so little time that I ended up selling some that could be sold and giving away the others...digital ones were just wasted money.
I never even touched most of them before I sold my console and mobed on to the next gen.

So now, no matter what the deals are, I do not create backlog. I wait until I finish the game before I buy a new one. Being a slow player, this means about 6-9 games per year, and that is perfect. And by the time it's turn for the next one, it's already about half price.
And on Vita, the rule is not to buy a new game if there is no room on my 8GB memory card. This means that I will not buy another Vita game until I finish Danganronpa 2 or God of War Collection.
Which will probably be never, I haven't touched either since about February. All Vita is used for is me playing Sparkle or my daughter dabbling in Minecraft, she's still a bit too young to fully enjoy it.

AlfredoTurkey said:

I don't have any. I use to do that, but it never worked. I'd have wrapped games laying around everywhere... and Steam games that never got played. So you know what I did? Sold the physical games and deleted the digital ones.

I'd suggest it to all of you who feel stressed trying to cram 100 games into your schedule a month. Just... let go. Pick like the start of a month, and buy the first big game you want, and go in fresh. And when you do? KEEP UP WITH THEM THIS TIME.

You'll thank me later lol

Good advise, I also want to add that there is no rush. You do not NEED to get the games that were just released. Don't be a horder and waste your money on day one games. You have all the time in the world and there is absolutely no rush to get a game. You're not racing with other people on who "Beats the game first" play at your own pace and enjoy your own pace. Don't guilt trip yourself into doing something you don't enjoy. Gaming is fun not work. (same for books for all the book readers out there, I've seen many people who force themselves to reach A song of Ice and fire to "keep up" with others, It is never enjoyable that way. It isn't homework it is a hobby) 

BasilZero said:

Do you get money for doing this? because it seems way overwhelming. (I know you run a youtube channel, but how much are you getting from that?) 

I love Xenoblade and hate it at the same time.... stop eating up my time that I can use on other games!