By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's rant about our gaming backlogs.

The ultimate gaming struggle. I've dealt with many backlogs over the year; but it seems abnormally high right now. 

I have this thing where I like to actually finish the game I'm playing. I know crazy right. 

Not really 100% it (only in certain cases) but at least beat it 1 time ya know?

Part of my current issue is my own fault. I had a chance to cancel my gamefly once I bought the pre-order $53.99 price of Witcher 3 on psn (honestly could not resist)

But sadly I kept it open for another month. And then Batman came out so guess what game they shipped me yesterday on the 22. FREAKIN. BATMAN. 

So. Now I'm currently trying to play all these: 

Walking Dead Season 1 (From GF; at some time I bought season 2 on sale so I decided I must replay season 1 because I'm that guy) 

TWD Season 2

Witcher 3

GTA5 

Dying Light 

Batman Arkham Knight

MGS Ground Zeros (fuck you P Plus)

Tomb Raider Remaster

At some point need to pick up Bloodborne so I can finish it (about 40 hours in)

I feel like I need to rush so I can game the holidays when they actually release. 

Lets all make me feel better and discuss our gaming backlogs 

😞😞😞

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Right now, two games that are major priorities on my backlog include EarthBound and Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm getting back into EarthBound and enjoying it, but as both games are RPGs, they're gonna take awhile, especially Xenoblade.

I also have Bloodborne and Kid Icarus: Uprising on hold as well.

Finally, Smash and Splatoon are just games I play to sink time with my friends online.

My goal is to beat the first two games I mentioned before school begins again for me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

My backlog is at like 330 games or so in total. I don't think it's humanly possible to finish them at this point, but who knows. Haven't really been in a mood for completing games lately really, I have been playing games like Smash or EU IV which are more like timesinks.

As for what I would like to get done soon: Mother 1 and Pokemon Omega Ruby are on top of the list. July is going to be a very busy month for me so I'm not sure if I'll be able to really get anything done outside of that, except for some short games.

Mine is biblical in proportions.
Uni studies pretty much kill a lot of gaming time, and I often still buy new games if they interest me. I'm not too bad on games that have recently come out. But past gens have quite a few that I picked up on the cheap towards the end of last gen

I have Metal Gear Solid, Shovel Knight, Captain Toad, Golden Sun, DKC Tropical Freeze and Splatoon in mine right now, so I guess I can understand. I also haven't 100%ed Mario 3D World like I've wanted to.

bet: lost

Around the Network

After I stopped playing on the 360, my backlog has shrunk to only 6-7 games. I still do intend to buy a couple games but not until I finish my current backlog. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ive decided that Im not going to buy any new games until I finish my backlog, even if they are on sale. I end up buying a game because its on sale, I don't play it, and then it ends up as a PS+ game. Super frustrating. I didn't buy anything in the steam sale, and I will be skipping everything this summer.

So thats it, I'm done buying games until I finish Shadow of Mordor, MGSV:GZ, Rayman, Bloodborne

And maybe by then Volume, MGSV:PP, and Batman will be in a flash sale. Even if they aren't I still won't have wasted any money.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
Ive decided that Im not going to buy any new games until I finish my backlog, even if they are on sale. I end up buying a game because its on sale, I don't play it, and then it ends up as a PS+ game. Super frustrating. I didn't buy anything in the steam sale, and I will be skipping everything this summer.

So thats it, I'm done buying games until I finish Shadow of Mordor, MGSV:GZ, Rayman, Bloodborne

And maybe by then Volume, MGSV:PP, and Batman will be in a flash sale. Even if they aren't I still won't have wasted any money.

I said the same thing a month ago. Since then i've purchased  5 more  games. I still have 6 i'm currently juggling. 

I had this problem, then I decided to just permanently shelf some games, only the ones I bought mainly for collection purposes such as GoW:Ascension and MG:Rising. With that said, I only take/buy two at a time (one on PS4 and one on WiiU) and it has worked well for me. I am currently all caught up on both platforms, and just need Mario and Luigi Dream Team on 3DS (that I just can't bring myself to continue). Now I'm just replaying some titles, including a little retro gaming.
Though there are a number of titles I do want to buy right now such as Batman Arkham Knight, Shovel Knight, Transistor, and Bastion.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I haven't completed the majority of the games that I own. I have decided to focus on a few games at a time. Right now those games are Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Persona 4 and Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time.