By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's time - Reggie needs to quit, Now!

All this hate going towards Reggie is kind of over the top, because I personally think he's just serving as a puppet, who is repeated everything and doing all the things that the real puppetmasters want him to do, which are Nintendo of Japan. Miyamoto and Iwata are the ones who are really in charge and control a lot of the things Nintendo does as a whole. I don't really think Reggie has a lot of power over things and can only do what NoJ will allow NoA to do. And plus, I like Reggie, I think he's done a good job for the most part with NoA. But I do agree that he needs to shut his mouth because everytime he has opened it, it has just gotten him in trouble.

Around the Network
killerbeed said:
they used to have someone who was much better
https://dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/howard-lincoln-kicking-ass-before-reggie-came-along/

I find this part very interesting:

In May 1998, Howard Lincoln said“What’s happened is that those [Nintendo] gamers are now adults, and from their point of view, playing videogames makes perfectly good sense. It’s not something new, it’s something that they’ve done, and it is a viable form of entertainment. Those people are gravitating toward video games. And we have to supply games for them. So, we’re recognizing that we can’t just do a certain genre of games, we have to do [all] kind of games.

^This.
Nintendo of Japan are the real puppetmasters, so if people have a problem, they should be taking it up to them, because Reggie pretty much serves as a flame shield for the stuff that Iwata and Miyamoto come up with.

Yeah its time for him to hang it up.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

PAOerfulone said:

^This.
Nintendo of Japan are the real puppetmasters, so if people have a problem, they should be taking it up to them, because Reggie pretty much serves as a flame shield for the stuff that Iwata and Miyamoto come up with.

I feel bad for the guy. Yeah he says some dumb things and use Pr spin a bit more than we'd like (although judging by some comments here people think he's the only one in gaming who Pr spins to make his company sound better)

Ultimately he deals with the messes that Japan causes. I think everyone should cool down and see what nx brings. If it's obviously going south then iwata needs to go and some serious changes should occur around the board. 

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

^This.

Is Nintendo of Japan telling Reggie to diss the hard work of other companies by saying their work is not fun? If Reggie is in a job where he has 0 control, then does that justify why the branch of Nintendo he is responsible for has a dwindling reputation? 

Let's say it is all Iwata? Why is Reggie still working there? To put on his CV 'worked at a managerial job where I had no input into the running of my organisation and the organisation lost its reputation with its market under my supposed leadership'

Reggie IS NoA President, he needs to sort NoA or get out, and he can start with an attitude adjustment

That's really all we can do right now is wait and see what NX might be. In the mean time, the Wii U and 3DS are still here, there are still games coming out for it, (INCLUDING Fatal Frame), so enjoy it while it lasts.

Even though he says stupid things, I still like him.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

PAOerfulone said:

That's really all we can do right now is wait and see what NX might be. In the mean time, the Wii U and 3DS are still here, there are still games coming out for it, (INCLUDING Fatal Frame), so enjoy it while it lasts.

But will the introduction of nx change the attitude of Reggie to the industry or even mend broken relationships with third parties?

fireburn95 said:
ihatefatkatz said:

Most of these decisions are Iwata's responsibilities and the responsibility of the parent company. Nintendo of America may deal with these, but it will be most likely under the guidance and the request of the big guys in japan. Reggie is more about the product distribution in America, marketing and organising the internals of NoA.

To illustrate my point further, it wouldn't make sense if you blame all these issues on Nintendo of Australia or Nintendo of Korea.

And I do agree that Reggie sucks donkey dick in Marketing and PR.

Then one should ask what is he doing at nintendo, if nothing useful. SCEA pretty much controls Playstation America, if not the entire SCEI division in some respects. Sony has devs in every region, and reggie should be held responsible for a lack of nintendo first party developers in America.

It's clear you are either ignorant or have  a naive understanding on the business structure of Nintendo. No point in discussing this further, you are clearly hell bent on your own agenda.