By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's time - Reggie needs to quit, Now!

NoirSon said:
I don't believe Reggie has much power anyway. He is 'President' and Chief Operating Office of NoA. Iwata is Global President and Chief Executive Officer of Nintendo's American and Japanese branches.

Reggie is the face of NoA but honestly I have never bought into him having real strong sway in major decisions outside of maybe marketing and publicity.

If he has the power to cause damage to a company, then his position has the power to good to the company. If American devs are abandoning wii u, the main man you have to look at is the president of nintendo of america, because ultimately decisions need to go through him. If they are not, then he's not good at organising his branch, and nintendo would benefit from someone fresher and more open minded to turn the American branch into a more reputable organisation.

Around the Network

Honestly? I don't read any of Reggie's quotes from these articles as arrogant or anti-competitive. He never said that it was terrible to introduce games 4-5 years before they're released. He said that it's not a standard Nintendo procedure. He never said that virtual reality is bad. He said that it didn't seem like fun. He never said that Nintendo was better than Sony or Microsoft. He said that the PS4 and Xbox One lacked exclusives. Of course, when the title of an article states that he "slams" another console, it's emotionally charging his quote before the viewer has a chance to read it.

spemanig said:
Reggie - " We Don't Announce Games 5 or 6 Years in Advance Like Other Companies "

Spemanig - "They announced Zelda U, XCX, Yarn Yoshi, and SMTxFE almost 3 years ago. None are out in the U.S."

Reggie - "Virtual Reality 'Isn't fun, and it's not social. It's just tech."

Spemanig - "That explains why Metroid has been turned into an ugly co-op shooter on the 3DS."

Reggie - "Iwata Didn't Apologize Over Nintendo's E3 Direct."

Spemanig - "He should have."

Reggie - "PS4 & Xb1 have a lot of shared content and no exclusives"

Spemanig - "Wii U has a lot of exclusives and no shared content."

He doesn't need to quit. He needs to be fired, [et al]

Trust me amend that last line before a mod bans you. But I pretty much agree 100% with Spenamig ;) It's hard knowing whether Reggie is president of NOA or youtube commenter MarzioFanzx139

fireburn95 said:
ihatefatkatz said:
Just because he is shit at Public Relations doesn't mean he should quit. He is probably decent at running the internals of the American subsidiary (though they should fix their marketing strategy). I do think he should stop the digs at the competition and take a few classes in PR.

Is he? Reputation is hard to gain but easy to lose in this industry. And NoA have been doing nothing but demeaning their own reputation. Nintendo's ad policy for one. Lack of games for another. Where are the american nintendo developers? What about comments about third parties tech, companies he could be relying on in the future, which explains absense of a lot of third party support. When you lose rep, you lose customers support, and in turn, you get lesser sales ala wii u

Most of these decisions are Iwata's responsibilities and the responsibility of the parent company. Nintendo of America may deal with these, but it will be most likely under the guidance and the request of the big guys in japan. Reggie is more about the product distribution in America, marketing and organising the internals of NoA.

To illustrate my point further, it wouldn't make sense if you blame all these issues on Nintendo of Australia or Nintendo of Korea.

And I do agree that Reggie sucks donkey dick in Marketing and PR.

Thing is, everyone liked him until the stuff he just said in the last few weeks. From my perspective, he's always looked like the wiser business guy in the midst of all the old, stubborn Nintendo execs. I don't know what's going on right now, but I think he's the least of Nintendo's problems as far as internal mindsets go. The whole of it's upper management needs to go.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Reggie - " We Don't Announce Games 5 or 6 Years in Advance Like Other Companies "

Spemanig - "They announced Zelda U, XCX, Yarn Yoshi, and SMTxFE almost 3 years ago. None are out in the U.S."

Reggie - "Virtual Reality 'Isn't fun, and it's not social. It's just tech."

Spemanig - "That explains why Metroid has been turned into an ugly co-op shooter on the 3DS."

Reggie - "Iwata Didn't Apologize Over Nintendo's E3 Direct."

Spemanig - "He should have."

Reggie - "PS4 & Xb1 have a lot of shared content and no exclusives"

Spemanig - "Wii U has a lot of exclusives and no shared content."

He doesn't need to quit. He needs to be fired, along side Iwata and Miyamoto. There, I said it. The legendary Miyamoto-san needs to be put down like the old dog he is.

Again, people who are just flat-out disrespectful. The comment about Miyamoto in particular seeing as the man is a huge part of the reason there is such a thing as Playstation and Xbox...or this forum. So the WiI U has not been the success they hoped for and that's a shame but the last time I checked, the 3DS was still selling a ton. Yes, let's can everybody right now!!

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

pleaserecycle said:
Honestly? I don't read any of Reggie's quotes from these articles as arrogant or anti-competitive. He never said that it was terrible to introduce games 4-5 years before they're released. He said that it's not a standard Nintendo procedure. He never said that virtual reality is bad. He said that it didn't seem like fun. He never said that Nintendo was better than Sony or Microsoft. He said that the PS4 and Xbox One lacked exclusives. Of course, when the title of an article states that he "slams" another console, it's emotionally charging his quote before the viewer has a chance to read it.

Ok, saying VR isn't fun pretty much means no VR company, or VR developer will like nintendo and work with them under the leadership of Reggie because of his comments, especially as he says he hasn't played the VR games on the show floor. Think less about what he says, more about the impact of what he says. Nintendo, like many other companies, have varying announce-to-release timelines, so that whole statement is false. It's also false to suggest the consoles lack exclusives, especially when he said that even before the consoles had released, and wii u was 2 years old.

By saying these things, he is offending a part of the industry and the consequences could affect nintendo in the future. How is he going to convince fans to come to nintendo if he belittles fans of other consoles?

ihatefatkatz said:
fireburn95 said:

Is he? Reputation is hard to gain but easy to lose in this industry. And NoA have been doing nothing but demeaning their own reputation. Nintendo's ad policy for one. Lack of games for another. Where are the american nintendo developers? What about comments about third parties tech, companies he could be relying on in the future, which explains absense of a lot of third party support. When you lose rep, you lose customers support, and in turn, you get lesser sales ala wii u

Most of these decisions are Iwata's responsibilities and the responsibility of the parent company. Nintendo of America may deal with these, but it will be most likely under the guidance and the request of the big guys in japan. Reggie is more about the product distribution in America, marketing and organising the internals of NoA.

To illustrate my point further, it wouldn't make sense if you blame all these issues on Nintendo of Australia or Nintendo of Korea.

And I do agree that Reggie sucks donkey dick in Marketing and PR.

Then one should ask what is he doing at nintendo, if nothing useful. SCEA pretty much controls Playstation America, if not the entire SCEI division in some respects. Sony has devs in every region, and reggie should be held responsible for a lack of nintendo first party developers in America.

bobfulci said:

Again, people who are just flat-out disrespectful. The comment about Miyamoto in particular seeing as the man is a huge part of the reason there is such a thing as Playstation and Xbox...or this forum. So the WiI U has not been the success they hoped for and that's a shame but the last time I checked, the 3DS was still selling a ton. Yes, let's can everybody right now!!

Not is. Was. He's not relevant anymore, he doesn't make genre-defining games anymore, and he doesn't deserve to have influence in a multibillion dollar gaming company anymore. Not when he thought Wii Music, Project Guard, and Project Giant Robot were good ideas. He hasn't had a good original idea since Pikmin, and that doesn't hold a candle to his real legacy.

Can him. And Reggie. And Iwata.

pleaserecycle said:

Thank you for the proper perspective. What these armchair CEO's fail to see is how difficult it is to run in a highly competitive field and what Reggie is doing is SELLING Nintendo. This idea that he should be complimentary to the competition is just plain sillyness. As a matter of fact, if Reggie were to compliment Sony, for example, the headlines would scream REGGIE CONCEDES DEFEAT!! REGGIE AKNOWLEDGES SONYS SUPERIORITY!! etc. So essentially he cannot win. But plain old business dictates to attempt to MINIMIZE the competition, especially when you struggling to keep up. Also, Reggie does not make decisions regarding game development. Understand this people! I thought this was fairly common knowledge by now but Japan runs the show 100% Reggie is the American face of the company.

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....