By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think of Marijuana?

An old girlfriend back in school killed herself because of drugs, so I hate them, even médicines.
Thus said, marijuana makes me think of Cypress Hill, and LSD makes me think of City Hunter, two things I love.

Around the Network

@ PDF: If you're going to copy/paste, please provide the source.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Weed is a gateway drug. Once you start that you may find yourself looking to experiment more with other harder drugs. In this respect I do not believe it is wise to start anything that can be an addiction to something that can be so harmful. Smoking the weed is more toxic than cigarettes, or so I have heard from a doctor.

There are too many problems out there for this to be the number one issue for me though. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes, but for God's sake keep the children away from it!

If people didn't enjoy Blue Dragon because they thought it was kiddy, try playing it after a few hits on the bong. The game is GREAT!!!

I think gaming in general is so much more appealing when I am stoned.

I am a frequent user, I smoke every 2 days, usually after work and on weekends I smoke a couple time, although never outside of my own house.

It was actually an easy decision to drop Alcohol and go for Marijuana. At my Sister's Baby Shower I had myself 3 Goose and Bulls and what did I somehow get for my drinking? Doctor diagnosed me with Vertigo, most likely due to Alcohol consumption. I have now been out of work for 2 weeks and hating every moment of it. Apart from gaming of course. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

luinil said:
Weed is a gateway drug. Once you start that you may find yourself looking to experiment more with other harder drugs. In this respect I do not believe it is wise to start anything that can be an addiction to something that can be so harmful. Smoking the weed is more toxic than cigarettes, or so I have heard from a doctor.

There are too many problems out there for this to be the number one issue for me though. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes, but for God's sake keep the children away from it!

Been smoking marijuana for 1 1/2 years now, I have a friend who smoked since the age of 14 and he is 19 now. I also have a few friends at work (well... more than a few, lol) who smoke regularly. None of us have went beyond Marijuana.

My girlfriend never used to smoke, she was mainly a drinker and before we met she got herself mixed up in Extacy as well as shrooms. 

The gateway excuse is just that... an excuse to keep it illegalized. You hear about people getting violent when drunk. I am a very happy fellow when high.

I have also heard the ridiculous "1 joint is the equivalent of 20 cigarettes"... yeah... ok. What is wrong with something naturally grown? Why is it legal to have tobacco companies add cancer causing chemicals to their product among many others just to insure you stay addicted to their drug? At least I won't go through physical withdrawal from lack of marijuana.I just went 4 days without because of y vertigo and it did not bother me in the least. How is that for a 1 1/2 year smoker? Can a 1 1/2 year frequent drinker and/or 1 1/2 year frequent cigarette smoker do that? 

Not without medical help on majority of cases. I have been trying for years to get my Mother to stop drinking and smoking, even more now because of my Sister's baby coming along in 2 weeks. I stopped smoking pot for now because of this with no problem. No matter what we do, we can not get my Mother off the alcohol and cigarettes. Instead she uses the good old "stress from work" excuse. 

Sad huh?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
ElRhodeo said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
all drug users and traficers should be the punishemnt of amputation or death respectfully, no questions asked, people just have to learn, simply as that. :)

What is wrong with you? It wasn't funny the first time, much less when you repeat it.

Nothing is wrong with me, I just think it's time for some hard action to be put in place because clearly having a soft hand as we have now get's us no where, simple as that.

Because clearly the answer to stem the tide of nonviolent, victimless crimes is amputation or the death penalty. Let me guess: Next you're going to say that you would shoot them yourself, but you won't because [insert excuse here]. Thank you, Internet Tough Guy jake_the_fake1, you are clearly the last true hero in this world.

some times a few have to be sacrificed for the greater good, they are casualties of war. What war, I hear you say, it's the war against drugs my simple minded friend.

Now the reason I choose such a radical solution was because the current way of dealing with this problem simply isn't working, it's just a slap on the risk and that's it, if you really want to stop it then drastic measures have to be implemented, it's really as simply as that. Now the only people agains't this are clearly the same people doing drugs so it's natural for them to be defensive, but hey it's tough love and heaven knows we need it, and we need it now.

jake_the_fake1 said:
Garcian Smith said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
ElRhodeo said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
all drug users and traficers should be the punishemnt of amputation or death respectfully, no questions asked, people just have to learn, simply as that. :)

What is wrong with you? It wasn't funny the first time, much less when you repeat it.

Nothing is wrong with me, I just think it's time for some hard action to be put in place because clearly having a soft hand as we have now get's us no where, simple as that.

Because clearly the answer to stem the tide of nonviolent, victimless crimes is amputation or the death penalty. Let me guess: Next you're going to say that you would shoot them yourself, but you won't because [insert excuse here]. Thank you, Internet Tough Guy jake_the_fake1, you are clearly the last true hero in this world.

some times a few have to be sacrificed for the greater good, they are casualties of war. What war, I hear you say, it's the war against drugs my simple minded friend.

Now the reason I choose such a radical solution was because the current way of dealing with this problem simply isn't working, it's just a slap on the risk and that's it, if you really want to stop it then drastic measures have to be implemented, it's really as simply as that. Now the only people agains't this are clearly the same people doing drugs so it's natural for them to be defensive, but hey it's tough love and heaven knows we need it, and we need it now.

Only thing you forget it that people know damn well what they are doing when they do it. Nobody puts a gun to someones head and says "Smoke this and/or drink this or we will kill you".

You are more like "Smoke this and/or drink this and I will kill you".

The way I see it, you are worse than they are. 

Man is the measure of all things, who is anyone to tell me what I can or can't do with MY BODY.

Currently playing:

OK, let me break this down to you really, really simply.

Marijuana is not damaging to your health. It is the opposite. Marijuana is not addictive. It is the opposite.

Marijuana's previous name was hemp. It used to be illegal for farmers NOT to grow it. It was used for oil, textiles, food, drugs, and a replacement for tobacco.

It was rebranded "marijuana" and made to look dangerous by the media, so that the oil, drug and tobacco companies could profit immensely.

I advise everyone here to push for marijuana legalisation in your own state. Marijuana is great, although I have not personally smoked it, because I'm not into that stuff. I'd rather be fully conscious and aware. I'm not that insecure, although I guess it would be fun to try it.

mr-money said:
OK, let me break this down to you really, really simple.

Marijuana is not damaging to your health. It is the opposite. Marijuana is not addictive. It is the opposite.

Marijuana's previous name was hemp. It used to be illegal for farmers NOT to grow it. It was used for oil, textiles, food, drugs, and a replacement for tobacco.

It was rebranded "marijuana" and made to look dangerous by the media, so that the oil, drug and tobacco companies could profit immensely.

I advise everyone here to push for marijuana legalisation in your own state. Marijuana is great, although I have not personally smoked it, because I'm not into that stuff. I'd rather be fully conscious and aware. I'm not that insecure, although I guess it would be fun to try it.

Wonderful post. I was going to get into the business aspect of it myself. People do not believe me when I tell them the US was actually a HUGE trafficer of hemp back in the day.

If someone like yourself chooses not to smoke it, that is fine. You have that god given right to do so. As do those who choose to smoke.

Why can people not understand this? It is not created, it is not mixed together in some underground lab. It is grown in the ground for god's sake. He told Adam not to eat the Apple, he said nothing about the Cannibus. :D

Currently playing:

I used to love the effect, and for a fun couple of years I enjoyed it, but now I find myself getting more restless when im stoned, so iv gone of it and mostly just drink alcomohol!