By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get a Xbox One?

Wow I have to say this is a first I've seen here. An Xbox is doomed thread. I'm sure there has been others, but I haven't seen one myself. I always see Nintendo doom threads. Never Sony or Xbox.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

If this thread is anything to go by, its interesting the response from this question. As a PS4 and X1 owner, I purchase the majority of 3rd party games on the PS4. Pretty easy decision since the PS4 version usually perform better. As a total entertainment system, I use my X1 the most. Moving between different apps and my games are just easier and smoother on the X1.

So to answer the question, No the X1 is not doomed, it has a pretty good mix of exclusives coming out that IMHO are worth purchasing the console. Yes, the PS4 probably will always beat the X1 on performance but what I found out is that if the game perform up to your preference it really does not matter. Most stuff people champion on forums you probably will not noticed and from games releasing now the differences you can only tell if you had both systems side by side. In the end I would say get the X1 if the games you like will be on it and you have evaluated what the console brings to the table for your enjoyment. So far I have not regretted my purchase of the X1 and the fact that MS is playing catchup to Sony means that MS will work that much harder to make the system great.

Vasto said:
Machiavellian said:
Vasto said:
Finally another person other then me that's looking forward to Fable Legends.

Well you can throw me in the hat as well.  I have a gaming PC but probably will get this on the X1 since I believe it will play better unless I am the villian.  Personally I am hoping for a cross by situation or the ability to play as the villian on the PC where mouse and Keyboard will be better suited.  Either way the game looks like it can be a lot of fun and cannot wait to see more gameplay.

Awesome my friend. You wont have to buy because it will be free to play so you will be able to play on both your X1 and PC.

You are right, I totally forgot about that.  

But if the gap keeps increasing between X1 and PS4, why would you develop for it? There's a threshold right?

Random_Matt said:
But if the gap keeps increasing between X1 and PS4, why would you develop for it? There's a threshold right?

That gap isn't that big for developers not to develop for Xbox. It's very close in the North American market and close in the U.K. Nintendo is another story though unfortunately.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

I wasn't going to bother with this thread... but the fact it has remained open is very telling.

These boards need new mods.

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

foodfather said:
I wasn't going to bother with this thread... but the fact it has remained open is very telling.

These boards need new mods.

Just got new mods

Ruler said:

Its only doomed in a sense that windows and xbox will be integrated, the xbox is losing its console soul

.. or you mean...consoul?

Of course not. MS and Phil Spencer will continue to work hard to make the XB1 a worthwhile console, and I think have already done that. So there is no way it is doomed. No need to worry : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I highly suspect this is a troll thread.

Given the high sales of the Xbox One and the strong existing and planned support for it from Microsoft, there is no realistic reason to suspect it will be killed off any time in the next several years, and every reason to suspect MS will continue to support it for around the same period of time Sony supports the PS4, just like the previous generation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS