By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound or Recore?

Rafie said:
Where's the option of both? I'll be picking both up. I would like to see some game play from both as well. We may see something at Gamesconn for Scalebound though. I'm not sure about Recore. I'm certainly excited for it.

Oh you're more than welcome to pick both. It is just me asking the opinion of users on here. The only thing really throwing me off with scalebound was the main character design. specifically the beats headphones, or whatever they were supposed to be.

Personally, I think Scalebound will do better financially. 

I think if Recore levels are as diverse as they can be, along with the ability to use multiple robots to find new things it might end up doing better critically.

Scalebound might be DmC in a new skin with dragons.

Recore to me, looks like it's going to be a 3D metroidvania style game. So it should be able to appeal to quite a few gamers. I know I will be buying Scalebound. I'm a sucker for games with dragons. and yes one of the first games I bought for my PS3 was Lair (lol) flawed but I still enjoyed it.

Once I see gameplay on Recore, i can make a decision. so far, I like what I'm hearing about the game, gamewise.

Around the Network

No one knows anything about either game except for the basic concept of what it is.

spemanig said:
CGI or CGI?

Come on, guys.

^ this.

I think Recore hyped up people alot.... but with only 12months to do the intire game in... its probably going to end up disappointing alot of people.

spemanig said:
CGI or CGI?

Come on, guys.

LOL

Best response ever.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Have we really seen anything of either game. Both were shone as CGI concepts more than anything else. Until we see actual gameplay, I find it hard to make any prediction on success. On a personal level I will say that both games look very interesting and cannot wait to see more info on both. Hopefully we will see some in-game content during Gamercon for Scalebound

Around the Network

Scalebound, hopefully a PC version comes out. Almost no one will buy it on the One.

I'm now filled with determination.

In the original post I made mention that all we have seen so far were CGI trailers.

Recore is supposed to be a 3rd person action adventure. If this thing plays anything like Lost Planet, day one purchase.

shikamaru317 said:
DerNebel said:

Size of the game, with ReCore just going into full production now and being set to release in at max a year there just seems to be no way that this is a big game.

One of the ReCore E3 interviews I watched suggested that it's open world, so I get the feeling it's fairly big.

ReCore began development 14 months ago (April 2014), while Scalebound apparently began development towards the end of 2013 (November-December 2013). Both are rumored for a Spring 2016 release. So the total dev time between the two should only have a few months difference, depending on which game releases first.

ReCore is being developed by the 30 man Armature Studio, and Comcept (who I believe has less than 50 devs), as well as a MS Studio team of unknown size afaik. Scalebound is being developed by the 170 dev Platinum Games, but the Scalebound team is likely much smaller than 170 people, considering the fact that Platinum will have worked on 5 other games during Scalebound's development (Bayo 2, Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, Star Fox Zero, and Nier).

Scalebound does seem like it will be bigger, but I'm not sure I'd say "much bigger".

I updated my ReCore thread with some new info coming from Polygon, according to the Polygon interview ReCore is just now entering full production:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204906&page=1#

It's been a while since Microsoft been able to compare to Sony's exclusive... I'm really excited about both game.

But I'm not going to make any claim until closer to final version of either game. But if I could only pre-order one game right now and pick between the two I would get Recore.

Scalebound because it has dragons in it.