By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - eShop Only? No Retail Release for Fatal Frame on Wii U?

I honestly don't know why they don't do this more often.

If the option is not getting the game at all ... then I'd much rather they did this.

They should do the same for the Dragon Quest games on 3DS ... offer them on the eShop.

I get some people really want a physical release, but this is far better than nothing.

Or maybe they could do something like partner with a retailer such as Gamestop, do a very limited print run for collectors who want a physical copy and then offer it digitally to everyone else. 

Around the Network

GLORIOUS EUROPEAN PHYSICAL VERSION RACE

it's physical in europe right?

Not surprising but in any case, I'm just happy that it got localized..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Turkish said:

GLORIOUS EUROPEAN PHYSICAL VERSION RACE

it's physical in europe right?

I'll be surprised if it wasn't, One Piece Unlimited World Red, Ken's Fury, Atelier Art Academy and Mario vs DK all got a physical release on EU and not on US.

So be it, Jedi.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I honestly don't know why they don't do this more often.

If the option is not getting the game at all ... then I'd much rather they did this.

They should do the same for the Dragon Quest games on 3DS ... offer them on the eShop.

I get some people really want a physical release, but this is far better than nothing.

Or maybe they could do something like partner with a retailer such as Gamestop, do a very limited print run for collectors who want a physical copy and then offer it digitally to everyone else. 

You know what crazy idea that just might work that I'd like to see happen? More major publishers turn to Kickstarter like Sony did with Shenmue 3 (and I've felt this way before E3). Begging for a new game or port online or signing a petition doesn't cost a dime. But I'd like to see more publishers get us to put our money where our mouth is and prove we want niche games and ports by using Kickstarter to make our voices heard with our wallets. This way, they can get a guage of of how much of a demand a game truly has.

What if Nintendo put up a goal on Kickstarter for this game to be imported to the West, then a stretch goal for a physical release, then another one for a special edition? If you support the game, you get your copy and you helped to guarantee that it comes. Some people will gawk at that idea and say that a major publisher should spend its own money and take risks, but I think this is better than begging, pleading and being dissapointed when a game never comes, or disappointing the publisher when game doesn't move as many units as the loud minority hyped that it would.

I thought this was the common assumption. Why would they waste resources printing copies of a game that only sold 60k in it's best market?

Also #digitalmasterrace #filthyphysicalpeasants

spemanig said:

I thought this was the common assumption. Why would they waste resources printing copies of a game that only sold 60k in it's best market?

Also #digitalmasterrace #filthyphysicalpeasants

*Looks up numbers for the series*

DDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SON!

This series has yet to sell three quarters of a million units across four games! Heck, Fire Emblem thinks this game is niche! F-Zero thinks this game is niche!

Yeah, everyone who wants this game should just feel lucky that you're getting it at all. Nintendo would consider it a success if it gets 50k downloads in the west.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Please don't be true :(