By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - eShop Only? No Retail Release for Fatal Frame on Wii U?

As the story below might indicate, it appears that Nintendo is considering an eShop release only for the new "Fatal Frame" on Wii U. 

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/23/is-fatal-frame-maiden-of-black-water-an-eshop-exclusive-in-the-united-states/

If this is true, do you think Nintendo is making a big mistake, or just playing it smart?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

It's really a niche title. Not expecting it to sell that much to be honest, but I do hope it gets a physical release.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd be really disappointed as well.

This is a cool looking game, and I;d love to own a physical copy of this game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Isn't this the same case as Devil's Third?
Oh Nintendo. You always find a way.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

It kind of sucks, but it getting released at all is a step up from Fatal Frame IV. So I'll take it.

Around the Network

Only a rumour by now.

I don´t care to be honest, I rather have the physical version but I´m ok with that.

But I know some people would be obsessed by this. But again, only a rumour.

Damn.. Wii U can't catch a break.

You would think with the awful storage option they put in the Wii U they would want to go physical before digital on niche things.

mZuzek said:
Mbolibombo said:
It's really a niche title. Not expecting it to sell that much to be honest, but I do hope it gets a physical release.

I don't think it would be all that niche if Nintendo made some effort to make something out of it. Right now, they're basically ignoring this game's existence (and Devil's Third too). I'm sure with some presence at E3, some marketing and stuff, the game could sell at least twice as well as it is going to. At this rate, both will be a complete failure and Nintendo's the one at fault.

But it is a really niche title. I dont think it would sell that much even with a lot more support. That said, I do think NoA is really doing no one any favor. It's a dick move to not release it in physical form. It looks like NoE is doing a better job with both Fatal Frame and Devils Third, I will buy both games, not that either is my favorite types of games - in fact I am not even sure I am going to play Fatal Frame (it's scaring the living crap out of me) but I do it to support.

StuOhQ said:

As the story below might indicate, it appears that Nintendo is considering an eShop release only for the new "Fatal Frame" on Wii U. 

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/23/is-fatal-frame-maiden-of-black-water-an-eshop-exclusive-in-the-united-states/

If this is true, do you think Nintendo is making a big mistake, or just playing it smart?

Most people would prefer a physical copy-  The least Nintendo could do for the Wii U is some of the little things- they have laready skimped on the wii u enough -  at least let us have the few games remaining in a manner we woudl prefer-   plus their digital is tied to the hardware so i imagine it will be difficult to extrcact and reinstall if the original wii u breaks