By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NX doesn´t need third party support (to survive)

Do you agree?

100% 19 8.84%

For the most part 15 6.98%

Kind of 26 12.09%

Not really 39 18.14%

I fully disagree 103 47.91%

I dont want to read the OP 13 6.05%

Total:215
JNK said:
zorg1000 said:

So only AAA titles count as games? I'm sorry to break it to u but Nintendo has never, ever been a company about spending copious amounts of money on a single games budget.

yeah only them count. Otherwhise ps4/xbox one and wii u are all crap and android and ios are the big gaming machines. They get alot more games as all 3 systems combined.

Well, that is unfair. If only AAA mattered on any console, handhelds would have crashed and burned decades ago, because their budgets aren't comparable to the AAA powerhouses on consoles. I think only the Vita tried something close to the AAA on handhelds, and sadly we all know the state the Vita is in (did some PSP title have a AAA budget?). If AAA mattered so much, the Wii would have lagged a lot behind the HD twins, and that wasn't the case. If AAA mattered so much, indies wouldn't have risen in popularity as much, and the mobile market wouldn't have appeared at all.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
JNK said:
zorg1000 said:

So only AAA titles count as games? I'm sorry to break it to u but Nintendo has never, ever been a company about spending copious amounts of money on a single games budget.

yeah only them count. Otherwhise ps4/xbox one and wii u are all crap and android and ios are the big gaming machines. They get alot more games as all 3 systems combined.

Well, that is unfair. If only AAA mattered on any console, handhelds would have crashed and burned decades ago, because their budgets aren't comparable to the AAA powerhouses on consoles. I think only the Vita tried something close to the AAA on handhelds, and sadly we all know the state the Vita is in (did some PSP title have a AAA budget?). If AAA mattered so much, the Wii would have lagged a lot behind the HD twins, and that wasn't the case. If AAA mattered so much, indies wouldn't have risen in popularity as much, and the mobile market wouldn't have appeared at all.

Well Mario Kart, Zelda, Xenoblade, Pokemon or Monster Hunter all counts as AAA for me. 

Everything else can be found on smartphones to be honest. So that better doesnt count for console games. 

Also this thread is about if the wii u could be a sucsess without third party. And AAA-titles are what sells consoles. Not small indie titles.

So i only compared them. 

JNK said:
zorg1000 said:

Wow, budget is the most important thing when considering if a game is worthwhile, u sure are hardcore.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JNK said:
Darwinianevolution said:
JNK said:
zorg1000 said:

Well Mario Kart, Zelda, Xenoblade, Pokemon or Monster Hunter all counts as AAA for me. 

Everything else can be found on smartphones to be honest. So that better doesnt count for console games. 

Also this thread is about if the wii u could be a sucsess without third party. And AAA-titles are what sells consoles. Not small indie titles.

So i only compared them. 

There is no middle ground between AAA & small indie titles?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NX will not succeed without 3rd party support. It will survive, however; Nintendo has shown with the Wii-U they will set up an IV drip of 1st party support no matter how unsuccessful their latest platform is.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
JNK said:

Wow, budget is the most important thing when considering if a game is worthwhile, u sure are hardcore.

Yeah because my personal taste is what sells consoles. Please think FIRST and then answer. thanks.

Small Budget games dont sell consoles -> Fact. 

Nintendo alone cant compete in big budget AAA games with PS4/xbox. -> Fact

NX does need third party support.

Better read first the OP and thread titles and then read my posts on relation to it. Never said what makes a game worthwhile or not. 

Sorry but your comment is ridiculous.

Angelv577 said:
The good thing about Nintendo is that it doesn't need to sell 50m consoles to be successful because they make their consoles primarily for their games and with a healthy install base, they can survive another generation. Nintendo just need to avoid selling at Wii U rate.

They have 50M 3DS and 10M WiiU and still have posted loss for 3 of the last 4 years if I'm not wrong. And expect to post more loss this year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Darwinianevolution said:
JNK said:
zorg1000 said:

And if they didn't matter they wouldn't sell gangbusters. Any platform needs balance between all tiers of games and someday prices of them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."