By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NX doesn´t need third party support (to survive)

Do you agree?

100% 19 8.84%

For the most part 15 6.98%

Kind of 26 12.09%

Not really 39 18.14%

I fully disagree 103 47.91%

I dont want to read the OP 13 6.05%

Total:215
Goodnightmoon said:
cannonballZ said:
You do realize that most of the games on their handhelds are 3rd party?

They wouldn't be able to make games fast enough to support it with JUST Nintendo games.

The top 10 of best selling games in 3DS are all first party games.

But the top 10 doesn't give you anything to stand by; just that the top 10 of 3DS best selling games happen to be first party games.

Going by that rule:

3 games in 2011.

2 games in 2012.

3 games in 2013.

2 games in 2014.

Sounds like a terrible drought to have if you only rely on first-party.

EDIT: also, Nintendo is the publisher of all these games, but some of those are second-party. You can't simply rely a whole console with first-party support alone.

Around the Network

I'm still waiting to play GC games on WiiU

My whole thing is, if they can stop the droughts then I completely agree. If not, then they absolutely need third party/second party support.

Wright said:
Goodnightmoon said:
cannonballZ said:
You do realize that most of the games on their handhelds are 3rd party?

They wouldn't be able to make games fast enough to support it with JUST Nintendo games.

The top 10 of best selling games in 3DS are all first party games.

But the top 10 doesn't give you anything to stand by; just that the top 10 of 3DS best selling games happen to be first party games.

Going by that rule:

3 games in 2011.

2 games in 2012.

3 games in 2013.

2 games in 2014.

Sounds like a terrible drought to have if you only rely on first-party.

Make the maths, how many games Nintendo released last year for 3DS? And how many for WiiU? If you combined that number you have a very decent amount of games per year, it would have no major droughts at all.

Goodnightmoon said:

Make the maths, how many games Nintendo released last year for 3DS? And how many for WiiU? If you combined that number you have a very decent amount of games per year, it would have no major droughts at all.

As I edited, but not before you could quote me, some of those games you listed in the top ten are second party.

And I don't know how you can honestly expect that the first party developers alone can all do games for WiiU and 3DS at the same time, without either sacrificing time or quality.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Why all people thinks the portable side of the console will be as big as the homeconsole side?

I think that if NX is Nintendo fusion the console will be like WiiU but more little, the difference is, the gamepad will be able to play the same games with less resolution and less stuff in general, and when you play on TV the other part of the console will do the rest of the job, making it more powerfull as a home console than as a handheld.

I´m thinking in a console with 2 parts. One conected to the TV and one independent.

So you're talking about selling 2 seperate pieces of hardware, one being a bit more powerful then the Wii U, the other lets say a PSVita specs with own screen etc. That'd be $300 minimum epsecially considering Nintendo isn't going to sell for a loss.

Pavolink said:
kitler53 said:
it needs 3rd parties and i'll tell you why...

...nintendo games aren't that good and lack universal appeal. so long as the console only plays nintendo games will will continue to draw in the same 10 million nintendo fans and no one else. diversity in lineup is what is needed to bring in diversity in consumer and therefore a reasonable sized userbase.

Not entirely true, I can se 20M but not 10. Remember that Wii U lacks many Nintendo IP's like a real Zelda game, a real 3D Mario game, Fire Emblem, Luigi Mansion, F-Zero, Metroid, etc.

even at 20 million,.. if NX really is this whole fusion idea then wiiU plus 3DS is 60 million right now.  that is massive contraction and i don't think nintendo can stay finacially viable on that sized userbase.  i've got to imagine that most wiiU owners also have a 3DS so losing that double sale is a lot of lost revenue.

and wiiU doesn't have those games because nintendo developers can't make games fast enough.  even if you combined the 3DS and wiiU library it's not a lineup free of droughts.

Goodnightmoon said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Gamecube proved that even at $ 99,- Nintendo's exclusive line-up is not enough for a good selling system(and the Gamecube actually got some 3rd party support to).

Gamecube was not a handheld too, GBA sold 80m with similar conditions, even the same price.

Well we don't know if NX is a handheld yet either . It could be, and atleast a fusion platform would be a good idea. But we have to wait and see. NX is likely to replace the Wii-U and if it's a handheld it probably won't be much more powerfull than the Wii-U(definitely not if it's more 3DS sized). People who already own a Wii-U will probably not replace it with the NX.

It would be more like a Wii-U in handheld form then. So if Nintendo doesn't release something else aside it they would effectively be leaving the home console market.

But i agree with you that they don't need third party to survive, but a smaller install base will hurt the sales of their own games. They also wouldn't get any royalties.

I don't care how great Nintendo's 1st party titles are.

The NX will not be able to compare to the competition unless it gets strong 3rd party support.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

no it wont work.

NX will probl be stronger then wii u. Nintendo already struggling on wii us hd graphics.
Also 3ds games are very easy to made (in relation).
I guess they will be able to make 1 big NX title in the time they could make 3 3ds titles.

Still more games wont count much. Most Nintendo buyers only care for mario kart, smash and mario. Pikmen, bayonetta, wonderfull101, all third party games and much more sold like nothing. More games in general wont help much.
In the end i see nintendo even selling less games are previous generations. At the moment they can sell mario kart 7 on 3ds and 8 on wii u. If they just have one mario kart (9) next gen it probl will sell less (many people own 3ds and wii u and got both mks).