By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Maker will be the WiiU's biggest game yet (in sales)

I doubt it, but you do have good points. I'm definitely interested to see what happens.

Around the Network

It will sell well, though I'm not sure if it would be the fastest seller

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Wanna bet? I bet Super Mario Maker won't be the Wii U's highest selling title. You wanna bet against that?

Fastest seller, as well as biggest seller? I don't think so.

bet: lost

Tough but you make some good points.

Around the Network

I've been championing the potential of this game for a while now. As far as it being the console's biggest game so far, it all depends on how Nintendo handles it and coinciding with a price drop is something I've always said makes sense. Some great SMM advertising with a "WiiU now $249" message at the end would help both the game and the console considerably.

Fastest seller, maybe, yes, but biggest seller ? No way, it's still will be Mario Kart 8.

If there is strong promotion plus a Wii U pricecut, it has a shot. But it won't sell itself like Smash or especially Mario Kart.

Don't think it will outdo MK8. Although, had this been the Wii U's launch Mario game, the situation may be very different for the Wii U than it is today.

~5m LT is my guess, but I would love to see it crush that figure...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7