By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Maker will be the WiiU's biggest game yet (in sales)

If they bundle it at $250 easily

Around the Network

Super Mario Maker is going to sell a ton, but I doubt anything on the Wii U will outsell Mario Kart 8. The game is just too good for anything to beat it :p

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Based on sales on the 3DS, N64, GC and Wii, it seems that MK is bigger than the 2D Mario platformers.

Nah. This won't appeal to the casual 2D Mario fans. It will appeal to most Nintendo fans though, but that's not enough to outsell Mario Kart 8. I say it won't reach half of MK8 LT numbers.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

RolStoppable said:
It's a level editor. Most 2D Mario fans won't care. It would be a different story if this was a new Super Mario Bros. game with a level editor as bonus. But without the pull of a new adventure, most people will pass.

true. it doesn't have the adventure/campaign mode which is fun with mario.  another thread mentioned that this game has 40+ or something to choose from. but still it is those play the stage then you are done.  feels empty unless they gamers can set 1-1 by selecting this stage, and stage 1-2 is this stage, etc... to create a new adventure or something. 

Around the Network

i could see this happening-

on the day of release, nintendo releases a level pack containing the 3 NWC levels

a few months later Nintendo releases the entire orginal SMB game remade in SMM

as time goes on they do the same for SMB3 and SMW

about a year later they release an update adding a Challenge Mode. basically a few Nintendo made levels are up for a set amount of time and players compete for the fastest time. similar to the NWC

The thought makes me want to barf, if I'm honest.

Maybe with great marketing and a nice bundle.

lol nope

Warned - Leadified

RolStoppable said:
It's a level editor. Most 2D Mario fans won't care. It would be a different story if this was a new Super Mario Bros. game with a level editor as bonus. But without the pull of a new adventure, most people will pass.

But it's actually more than that. It's going to ship with a ton of awesome levels that are already made. The demo @ Best Buy had over 40 levels. New levels will constantly be made all the time.

No one ever buys a 2D Mario simply for the 'adventure' -- because the adventure is pretty much the same (beat a couple koopalings, save the princess). They buy new 2D Mario games for more levels and more powerups. Super Mario Maker delivers that in spades.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016