By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battlefront (PS4) vs Halo 5 (X1)

Tagged games:

Which game will sell better on X1?

Star Wars Battlefront 31 28.97%

Halo 5 Guardians 76 71.03%

Total:107

Halo 5 will outsell Battlefront on PS4 and Battlefront on Xbox One.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Ok thread changed to PS4 Battlefront vs X1 Halo 5

I think BO III PS4 VS Halo 5 is more interesting.

shikamaru317 said:

I'm not expecting huge sales for Star Wars Battlefront, maybe 10m lifetime on consoles, another 3m or so lifetime on PC (including digital). I currently don't see any reason why Halo 5's lifetime sales won't be comparable to the previous Halo games, so Halo 5 should outsell the PS4 version of Star Wars Battlefront.

You can't say those are not "massive" sales... 

SW BF PS4+ One will easiily outsell Halo

Star War PS4 will come close despite not even being exclusive

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

COD PS4 could also outsell Halo

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not expecting huge sales for Star Wars Battlefront, maybe 10m lifetime on consoles, another 3m or so lifetime on PC (including digital). I currently don't see any reason why Halo 5's lifetime sales won't be comparable to the previous Halo games, so Halo 5 should outsell the PS4 version of Star Wars Battlefront.

You can't say those are not "massive" sales... 

I've seen some people predicting like 18-20m for Battlefront, which is why I said I'm not expecting sales that high. 10m split between PS4 and XB1 means the PS4 version alone won't be enough to outsell Halo 5 imo.

I know, but "less than the people think" =/= "i don't expect massive sales".

For the rest, i will go with 6.5m on PS4 and 3.5m on XB1 for BattleFront.

Halo 5 will probabily be at 8m, so, i agreed.

Teeqoz said:
Halo will outsell Battlefront (PS4) quite easily. Make that CoD instead and you've got an interesting question though.

The reason i am putting Battlefront up agasint Halo is because there both Sci-Fi shooters, COD and Halo are two different types of games focusing on different audiences while Star Wars and Halo are more similar to each other. COD vs Battlefield is a better comparison in my opinion.

Halo 5 may well outsell SWBF on PS4+Xb one, in fact I hope it does.

With no SP campaign the game is merely a different setting for multiplayer and that has somewhat limited appeal. We can see from Titanfall that even though it sold decently it limited its reach by having no SP campaign, especially in an interesting world where one could see the possibility of an interesting SP campaign. I can see a lot of people buying the game without realising it has not story campaign and being highly disappointed and even feeling duped. I am glad I know enough about the game not to be duped.

I was a guaranteed buy of the game when it was first mentioned and that it would be playable in 3rd person. But now that I know there is no SP story mode I am pretty much a guaranteed non-buy. Co-op missions might convince me get the game, but if they are few and of limited duration then there is no value in the game for me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Halo 5 most likely will outsell Battlefront on PS4. Halo is just too strong a brand for Battlefront to compete with I am afraid.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Halo will outsell battlefront on any single platform quite easily. Expect battlefront to sell 8 million on ps4? Come now, be serious.

Any 2 platforms though should be able to beat Halo 5.