By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Fox Wii U (2015) hardly looks better than Star Fox Assault (2005)

10 years man, and graphics barely evolved.

A Gamecube game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCOJ9NpYFrM

Wii U game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPd2-_gSJA&t=107

Comparing textures, effects, explosions etc nothing seems to have significant improvements.

Around the Network

Zero looks ok, but I do agree that it could use some touchups.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It must be the way the new starfox video was recorded (in that video)....
because I just played both of those at 1080p and I think Star Fox Assault comes out ahead of Star Fox Zero.

Star fox Zero = lots of aliasing, shimmering textures, lower res textures (then assault)

Star fox Assault = lots of texture loading pop in and pop outs.

GC game still looks great to this day. Still I don't think Zero looks that bad, still a day one for me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

At least it doesn't look realistic that would be boring :S

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Am I nuts if I say I think assault runs higher resolution textures skins for its models? than the Zero game does?
It looks that way to me.

The assault game could also be running a higher resolution or just have better anti aliasing... it has less jaggies.

are you sure the dolphin emulated version did not have upgraded textures and effects from its actual Gamecube counterpart? I'm willing to bet it does.

The girl in the Star Fox Zero video has a lovely laugh.

I'm assuming this isn't the final build for Zero

bigtakilla said:
are you sure the dolphin emulated version did not have upgraded textures and effects from its actual Gamecube counterpart? I'm willing to bet it does.

^ there is the answear....

I was fooled again.. this is another one of those videos from the Dolphine Emulator thats probably running upscaled graphics.