By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 would probably have Persona-ish world map if it doesn't get to $10M

30nàn 3rd guys. if anyone pledges 30 it would be appreciated. thx

Around the Network

looked for a shenmue 3 thread, found this. so i'll post here

PS4 physical version added
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/shenmue-iii-kickstarter-adds-ps4-physical-copy-reward

Might hit around 5-6 million by the end of it.

After 14 years. I just want the game, wither it was big or small the map. Sure, I want bigger, but I don't mind a small scale one.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

so now that the rumor has been refuted that the witcher was cheap made game; The devs told us its around 80 to 100 mil. so based on that im going to be neutral despite the fact that im kinda into sega. 6.3 mil is good but not enough. yu suzuki still didnt ask for paypal tho. clearly there are many investors and anonymous investors in this deal. lets be honest 6.3 mil on kickstarter is a lot. just for a month. if yu suzuki were to open the paypal thing imagine all those fans paying 60 a month. let us say40.000 backers will continue to do so. so 40.000x 60 is 2.400000 wich is 12 x 2.400000 is 28.800000 and depending on when paypal starts and let us just say it starts beginning next year which is 28.800000 x 2 is 57.600000.

this would be a very good fortune. and its not impossible. but ofcourse i am only counting a rough estimated prediction of the fans alone. i dont know what the anonymous investors and known investors are putting in.
the known are sony shibuya ys. maybe who know sega jumps in.

this game can really be all that and its not even impossible.

Around the Network
plip.plop said:

I disagree, Sony knows that they have a good amount of the Hardcore gaming base. Which is why they gave up time in their conference to show this. This game is really only known to the hardcore online gaming community. Sony's backing that was clarified was they would cover marketing cost, and the port to the PS4 version. Sony could have still  funded the marketing with the promise of exclusive marketing rights/ timed exclusive Additional content.
It would have been no different than previous marketing deals with AAA games i.e. Destiny, Diablo, and upcoming titles COD black Ops3, Star Wars Battlefront, etc.. Those games came to multiple consoles, but Sony still footed the cost to market those.
Exclusivity is a nice thing, but for a game that needs all the help it can get. Yu Suzuki went about it the worst way possible.

Edit: As far as MS funding this, and not jumping at the chance. So what? Sony is not funding it either, even SEGA is not funding their own IP. Bringing up MS as if they dropped the ball is silly, Nobody wants to fund this, hence why it went to KS. At this point, Yu Suzuki would have been better off turning it into a digital novel, If he really wants this story to be told.

You think it's better off as a digital/visual novel? Why?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

sabvre42 said:
StuOhQ said:
I was soured to the whole campaign with the bait and switch that seemed to be happening early on. If there were any chance of seeing it on the Wii U, I'd back to make sure that'll happen.

With it being Sony exclusive, they're going to have to cover a lot of the cost themselves. Ports bring in a lot of extra funding. Just look at how well "Bloodstained" did during its entire run.

Dude if they put it in WiiU, I'd refuse  to participate.  I wouldn't back a game that gets its balls cut off by a weak, unpopular platform.  This is supposed to be an open world rpg... not bloodstained. 

The WiiU version would take way too much time to build for barely any sales. It would also place technical limitations on the game. 

i might not have played Shenmue, but I don't remember it being an open world rpg when I watched playthroughs of it.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

JWeinCom said:
This is related to nothing, but I was playing through Shenmue, and I was really disappointed by the lack of voice acting. I could have sworn that it had voice acting when I played the original, but now only text. Into disc 2 I realized I'd accidentally set it to text mode -_-...

Well that's a fail... Well Shenmue's voice acting isn't exactly phenomenal...

Bet with Xander XT: 

Me!

there will hopefully be another september update that will hopefully clear things up about who the investors are

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
sabvre42 said:
StuOhQ said:
I was soured to the whole campaign with the bait and switch that seemed to be happening early on. If there were any chance of seeing it on the Wii U, I'd back to make sure that'll happen.

With it being Sony exclusive, they're going to have to cover a lot of the cost themselves. Ports bring in a lot of extra funding. Just look at how well "Bloodstained" did during its entire run.

Dude if they put it in WiiU, I'd refuse  to participate.  I wouldn't back a game that gets its balls cut off by a weak, unpopular platform.  This is supposed to be an open world rpg... not bloodstained. 

The WiiU version would take way too much time to build for barely any sales. It would also place technical limitations on the game. 

i might not have played Shenmue, but I don't remember it being an open world rpg when I watched playthroughs of it.

I love how he wouldn't back an unpopular game if it would appear on an unpopular console.

This game's graphics will probably be nothing to write home about either.