By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 would probably have Persona-ish world map if it doesn't get to $10M

The complainers and the cry babies and the ones that spread gossip and lies. In real life of here in vgchartz and throughout the net :

You have been complaining ever since. The game is the most demanded game ever. And ks being slow is a normal thing in this period. People steel need to get money at the rnd of the month. So its a logic. 3.5 mil is not bad at all till now.

You guys complain about games and dont buy them. And then years later you buy that game and saybits a good game. While in fact you were one of the reason it flopped. Gossip piracy slander trolling. If you are one of those things then shame on you.

There are plenty reasons to hate a game like evolved micro plus dlc milking. But shenmue is not one of them.

The kickstarter goes really well. Ive seen games like edge of eternity who got only 100.000 and look at how good the game looks. Surely its an indie. But go ahead and watcj the gameplay.

Shenmue is surely one of the best games ever. And having part 3 is a must.

Then the last thing. If you never played shenmue12 to the end. If you pirated the game during the time of dreamcast. If you still just complain cause its just happens that you like to complain subconciously or get a kick out of that. Then your nothing but a douchebag in this industry.

Evolved and order 1883 ok. But not shenmue man. Not shenmue. Shame on u guys

Around the Network

If it made like 2.9 million the first few days, it will probably make about that the last few days as well.
Thats a good 6million there... maybe 1million or 2 between those two parts.

I dont see this makeing more than 8.5million on KS... it ll probably make slightly less.
Which is still fantastic to be honest for a KS game.

Im just saying this so people that are saying the game will end up bad if it doesnt make 10million+ on KS are setting themselfs up for disapointment, because its very unlikely it makes that much from KS.

*edit: at best I hope he remembers to open a paypal account, with options to still donate after the KS ends.
(this has been a trend thats helped alot of other KS developers make more $ even after the KS event ends)

I think they should have not founded the game on PC. It will flop on PC.

The PC development is wasted time IMO, they should have focused 100% on PS4 (or even 100% on XB1, why not) with a better SDK than UNITY which is far from being an optimized engine.

They should have done 2 offers on Kickstarter, one for PC and one for PS4 to see the stats about who is really going to buy this game at 30$ which is a high price on PC.

globalisateur said:
I think they should have not founded the game on PC. It will flop on PC.

The PC development is wasted time IMO, they should have focused 100% on PS4 (or even 100% on XB1, why not) with a better SDK than UNITY which is far from being an optimized engine.

They should have done 2 offers on Kickstarter, one for PC and one for PS4 to see the stats about who is really going to buy this game at 30$ which is a high price on PC.

There using UE4 not Unity. 

The PS4 is a PC, so no money is wasted at all. Both systems use the exact same architecture for CPU & GPU, only the operating system is different.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
If it made like 2.9 million the first few days, it will probably make about that the last few days as well.
Thats a good 6million there... maybe 1million or 2 between those two parts.

I dont see this makeing more than 8.5million on KS... it ll probably make slightly less.
Which is still fantastic to be honest for a KS game.

Im just saying this so people that are saying the game will end up bad if it doesnt make 10million+ on KS are setting themselfs up for disapointment, because its very unlikely it makes that much from KS.

*edit: at best I hope he remembers to open a paypal account, with options to still donate after the KS ends.
(this has been a trend thats helped alot of other KS developers make more $ even after the KS event ends)

The final day is nowhere near as big as the first day.

Xenostar said:

There using UE4 not Unity. 

Ok, really good news, UE4 is a decent API indeed. I though dunno why it used Unity. Also I meant API, not SDK obviously...

"No, we cannot make an open world game for $2 million. Shenmue will be produced using both the funds raised from the Kickstarter and through other funding sources already secured by Ys Net Inc. We are very sorry, but due to contractual obligations, details of outside investments will not be disclosed."

Semmie said:
The kickstarter goes really well. Ive seen games like edge of eternity who got only 100.000 and look at how good the game looks. Surely its an indie. But go ahead and watcj the gameplay.

O M G  why have I never heard of this game before?

I just went to KS to check out what you where talking about... damn that game looks good for only  160k

and its a Turn based RPG, I love those.  ;_ ;

Sad it didnt get more than 160k.

kurasakiichimaru said:

Honestly, Shenmue 3 doesn't have the KS longevity and might even flop so investing on open world is just suicidal at worst. I'm actually okay with it having like Persona 5 overworld with locations plastered around the city and anyone expecting for more is delusional unless Sony really funds or KS goes overdrive again.

That crazy Polygon article/Gaf negativity hurt its KS potential because xbox one version is not planned for it, fanboys ruin a good thing but anyway, I'm okay with this as long as its made.

Dude stop. KS longevity? LMAO! What is that. Is this your first kickstarter? All KS follow a bath curve.