By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908

I only care about the big AAA exclusives, so for me, Xbox is better for 2015.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:

What are they?

Halo 5 and Tomb Raider 2. Not adding the Gears remake and Forza 6. 

Halo hasn't been a serious contender for GOTY awards since Halo 2 was crushed by Half-Life 2. Additionally, since when has Tomb Raider ever been a GOTY contender?

Tomb Raider = 7 GOTY's, 6th place
Halo 4 = 20 GOTY's, 9th place
Halo: Reach = 4 GOTY's, 10th place
Halo 3 = 6 GOTY's, 6th place

I'm expecting Bloodborne to pick up more GOTY awards than Halo and Tomb Raider combined and I wouldn't be surprised if Bloodborne was in turn brushed aside by The Witcher 3 or Arkham Knight. Microsoft does not control a single GOTY pedigree franchise unless you count getting a handful of the hundreds of annual awards. The One's lineup is perfectly fine but we should have realistic expectations.

@OP

Neither list is particularly impressive but I prefer the PS4's because of Bloodborne and Tearaway.

MoHasanie said:

AAA exclusives thay only comes during the holidays. lol

Oh i forgot to vote

The only thing important to me is to get enough ambitious exclusive quality games, the best ones ( Bloodborne+Persona 5 + DQ Heroes ) will be on PS4 so i'd say PS4 for 2015 and 2016 ( for what we know)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

kurasakiichimaru said:
MoHasanie said:

Um, ok... I know when they come out so I'm not sure what your point is. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
MikeRox said:
Doesn't matter how long the lists are, if the one game you truly want is on the shorter list, then that's going to be your winner.

I completely agree, but the bigger the list the more likely the games people will like will be on that list ... hence, much higher sales of that console. This is why the whole debate about whether games are uninteresting is bogus when people talk about sales. For some odd reason people think 'those wouldn't sell me a console' without any sense of perspective at all, which then leads to 'so they won't sell a console to anyone else', without any understanding of subjectivity.

Bigger choice = bigger audience. It really is very simple to understand.

I agree, I prefer the PS4 lineup. There seems to just be a lot of "PS4 list is bigger so clearly better" logic going on though. And if someone's favourite franchise is Halo and that's all they want to play... heheh.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

I agree, I prefer the PS4 lineup. There seems to just be a lot of "PS4 list is bigger so clearly better" logic going on though. And if someone's favourite franchise is Halo and that's all they want to play... heheh.

Objectively 'the list is bigger so clearly better' is likely to be more valid argument than 'the list is smaller so clearly better'. Subjectively, neither matter because if you're being subjective you've more than likely already got preferences. If you have two clothes shops and one is selling 1000 items and another shop which is selling 5000 items then objectively it's logical to suggest that the shop with 5000 items is likely to satisfy more people and therefore is 'better'.

The PS5 Exists. 

MoHasanie said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

You said you like Xbox One this year because it had AAA exclusives despite PS4 having more this year. I'm not even sure what's the crux of your argument. You could've simply said I like the exclusive games for XB1 coming out only on holidays which could've been more acceptable to validate your purchase or your soon to be purchase.

MoHasanie said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

The Point being that most of MS AAA exclusives come in the fourth Holiday quarter. Where customers have to decide wether this year to buy Forza 6,Halo 5,Tomb Raider or choose some of the big 3rd party Holiday titles. MGS 5,Fifa,Cod,Star Wars.Fallout,NFS,AC and even Just Cause 3. Now except for Halo the rest of MS exclusives are going to get Crushed especially Tomb Raider.

kurasakiichimaru said:
MoHasanie said:

You said you like Xbox One this year because it had AAA exclusives despite PS4 having more this year. I'm not even sure what's the crux of your argument. You could've simply said I like the exclusive games for XB1 coming out only on holidays which could've been more acceptable to validate your purchase or your soon to be purchase.

Are you sure about that? What AAA exclusives does the PS4 have this year?