By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Taken King Announced (Sep 15 2015, New Subclasses, Returns to Halo Roots)

Burek said:
NobleTeam360 said:
40 fucking dollars?!?!??!?!?!?! yeah fuck you bungie, not paying that price for DLC.

Come on, it will have one more Raid. And you will be able to play after 5 of your friends buy the DLC as well. 

And you can earn the opportunity to keep grinding the same mission for a small level increase.

How can you reject such a deal?

Lmao,

Around the Network

They're still releasing overpriced DLC? Everyone has kinda forgotten about this game now...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
They're still releasing overpriced DLC? Everyone has kinda forgotten about this game now...

I don't think so.

It is in the TOP10 UK yet and the community grows every day.

Still rattled about the cost. I just beat post-patch Skolas 3 times last week, so I'm really 'done' until the expansion. I know I'll end up buying digitally anyhow.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Burek said:
NobleTeam360 said:
40 fucking dollars?!?!??!?!?!?! yeah fuck you bungie, not paying that price for DLC.

Come on, it will have one more Raid. And you will be able to play after 5 of your friends buy the DLC as well. 

And you can earn the opportunity to keep grinding the same mission for a small level increase.

How can you reject such a deal?

Just like World of Warcraft without the monthly fee, its actually not that bad if enjoy the game and play it a lot.

Around the Network

Well, I was surfing a bit, and found this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-destiny-the-taken-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

Specifically this:
Eurogamer: So it may seem like a small thing but you're adding exclusive content to the game - three new dance emotes - that players can't get unless they rebuy the main game and the two existing DLCs. Is that right?

Luke Smith: "There is no way right now for you to get the new dance emotes without doing that. Those are Collector's Edition exclusive. We've set some stuff aside for that edition specifically to really make it appeal to fans who have engaged with the game already and also to people that will enter the game this autumn.

I strongly suggest that you don't read the entire interview if you have a problem with arrogant people...

Burek said:
Well, I was surfing a bit, and found this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-destiny-the-taken-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

Specifically this:
Eurogamer: So it may seem like a small thing but you're adding exclusive content to the game - three new dance emotes - that players can't get unless they rebuy the main game and the two existing DLCs. Is that right?

Luke Smith: "There is no way right now for you to get the new dance emotes without doing that. Those are Collector's Edition exclusive. We've set some stuff aside for that edition specifically to really make it appeal to fans who have engaged with the game already and also to people that will enter the game this autumn.

I strongly suggest that you don't read the entire interview if you have a problem with arrogant people...

Omg lol

I love arrogant people. Gonna read the full thing right now

Burek said:

Specifically this:

loled at the interview... he is suck a tool.

Burek said:

Specifically this:

Luke Smith has always been a gigantic tool, even back in his 1up days. When i read Bungie was crafting these raids and they thought they were making something so unique and difficult that you wouldnt dare try them without a full squad of friends, i was not surprised to see Luke Smith was the one saying those things. I was also not shocked when mere weeks after release people could breeze through them without a word ofcommunication.

So theyre giving emotes to the $60 edition but not the $40 stand alone TTK release for those who already bought their game and expansions. LOL. Bungie ginna Bungie. I would blame Activision, but they publish CoD, which is pretty fair in its DLC stuff.

Burek said:

Specifically this:

Articles like this make me glad I decided to step away from Destiny after the grossly over-priced first piece of DLC.  Sad to see them going in the absolute wrong direction with regards to rewarding their current and loyal userbase.