By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Taken King Announced (Sep 15 2015, New Subclasses, Returns to Halo Roots)

ORYX, THE TAKEN KING
The Hive army would have infected the Earth were it not for the efforts of Eris Morn, and the Guardians who heeded her warnings. Now, Crota is dead, and Oryx, armed with a dark power beyond anything we've yet to face, is coming to take his revenge.

THE TAKEN ARMY
Oryx wields the ability to control a twisted army of vile corruptions known as the Taken. These new enemies have been wholly consumed, possessed by the Darkness, bodies and mind twisted into service of their King. Now, they are bent to a singular purpose - our eradication.

NEW SUPERS & SUBCLASSES
Along with an arsenal of all new gear, Guardians can discover and wield devastating new powers. Claim and master the Titan Sunbreaker, Hunter Nightstalker, and Warlock Stormcaller. Board the Dreadnaught. Face The Taken King.

PRICE GUIDE
$59.99 Legendary Edition (Destiny + The Dark Below + House of Wolves + The Taken King)
$79.99 Collector's Edition (Destiny + The Dark Below + House of Wolves + The Taken King + CE goodies)
$79.99 Digital Collector's Edition (Destiny + The Dark Below + House of Wolves + The Taken King)
$39.99 Digital Download (The Taken King) *

* Only For Guardians That Own Destiny and Both Expansions

Around the Network

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Gamespot "The Taken King’s Story Mode Reminds Us Of Old-School Halo"
Polygon "The Taken King and Bungie's return to its Halo roots"

So... buying the full game with all DLC is $60? (I've already found it in the UK for £42) but buying just the new DLC is still $40? Seems a bit unfair for those who already paid $60 for the original game and $40 for the pass doesn't it?

Hmm, pie.

Price is just too fucking high.

Hopefully, after $140 they will finally have $60 worth of content on the game.

Around the Network

Will buy the All-in-One when it hits $30.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Fury said:
So... buying the full game with all DLC is $60? (I've already found it in the UK for £42) but buying just the new DLC is still $40? Seems a bit unfair for those who already paid $60 for the original game and $40 for the pass doesn't it?

Yeap... full game plus all DLC = $60 retail.

I paid $80 for full game plus expansion pass... so I preordered it at $40 last week.

It is just a dlc, isn't it?

ethomaz said:
The Fury said:

Yeap... full game plus all DLC = $60 retail.

I paid $80 for full game plus expansion pass... so I preordered it at $40 last week.

There's my point, $120 for the same as $60, I think Taken King should be far cheaper if you already have the first DLCs.

I enjoy the game but mainly as something to play quickly, it's very repetitive and I've never done the raid so won't be getting this anyway.

Hmm, pie.

Dr.Vita said:
It is just a dlc, isn't it?

It is a big expansion with a retail release.

There were two minor DLCs: TDB and HoW.
One major expansion: TKK

From the leaks TKK is about 80% of the orignal release content... the Raid is the biggest one from Bungie too and there are new Crucible modes.