By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Taken King Announced (Sep 15 2015, New Subclasses, Returns to Halo Roots)

MoHasanie said:
They're still releasing overpriced DLC? Everyone has kinda forgotten about this game now...

Only people who want to have forgotten about. While I have not played it for a few months my friends list is packed with people playing it every night.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Seems like Bungie will maybe give some rewards to loyalty players... they are taking feedback.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3aqlly/bungie_defending_the_taken_king_price_tag/csfapff

tokilamockingbrd said:
MoHasanie said:
They're still releasing overpriced DLC? Everyone has kinda forgotten about this game now...

Only people who want to have forgotten about. While I have not played it for a few months my friends list is packed with people playing it every night.

Interesting. I just thought people don't play it anymore since nobody really talks about it anymore, nobody I know still plays it, and when they announced the DLC at Sony's E3, nobody cared for it. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Deej confirmed the year 1 players will get better things than the Digital CE have.

They will show the goodies on Friday.

MoHasanie said:

Interesting. I just thought people don't play it anymore since nobody really talks about it anymore, nobody I know still plays it, and when they announced the DLC at Sony's E3, nobody cared for it.

Nobody?

The press made full aticles and videos about it.

GAF award it with the most anteciped DLC from E3.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

MoHasanie said:

Nobody?

hmm, then I guess I haven't been paying any attention to it, or it probably got overshadowed by all the other E3 news. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The question is, for people not at all interested in multiplayer, is the story from Destiny original edition through to The Taken King coherent and satisfying to alone justify buying the game? Or is there still only value if you play MP?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
The question is, for people not at all interested in multiplayer, is the story from Destiny original edition through to The Taken King coherent and satisfying to alone justify buying the game? Or is there still only value if you play MP?

About the original Destiny's story.

It is good and have a lot of things to be told and al but it is really a bad telling... you need to grind grimories to find the story and the game didn't do that for you... it is really a shame.

Now the press are saying the TKK fixed that issue and it will have a real ingame telling story... I hope so.

ethomaz said:

MoHasanie said:

Nobody?

If someone plays on the Xbox more I could see why they might not think people play it anymore. The people really interested in it got it for the PS4 because of all the extra content.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

ethomaz said:

About the original Destiny's story.

It is good and have a lot of things to be told and al but it is really a bad telling... you need to grind grimories to find the story and the game didn't do that for you... it is really a shame.

Now the press are saying the TKK fixed that issue and it will have a real ingame telling story... I hope so.

An internet told story not told in front of you while playing is not a story in my view. Look at FF13, to me the game's story was dogshite but people claimed it was great and the world's history great too because they read the datalog. Yeah, I don't play a game to read a story, I play a game to experience a story.

I recent'y deleted one of my characters and blitzed through the story to level up again and man I realised how little you are actually told. I mean the Queen and her Bro want to make a key so need Gate Lord's head, you find out and they don't give you a key but coordinates on Mars where the Cabal live, Ghost tells you know one get's through the Exclusion Zone... but there you are in it with other Guardians running around, charging a GateLord's eye? When was that mentioned?

The best bit is when you find out about the Vex, Ghost didn't know anything about them, then everything. "Do you know what the Black Garden is?" - "We've heard the rumours." No, i haven't, what the hell is it? Tell me.

It can only get better. 

Hmm, pie.