By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ReCore has only been in development for 14 months??? EDIT: And is just now going into full production???

GameMasterPC said:
jlmurph2 said:

For a Vita game.

No it didn't. It was boring. And what do you mean by Vita game? Vita could easily have games on par with PS3 in terms of quality. Even I had a lot of faith in Keiji before playing Soul Sacrifice. Now I'll just take a wait and watch approach to ReCore. It would have to be a way better game than Soul Sacrifice just to be a good game.

Ok, like I said, wait for Gamescom then.

And SS has a good score on MC. better than most Vita games.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
GameMasterPC said:

No it didn't. It was boring. And what do you mean by Vita game? Vita could easily have games on par with PS3 in terms of quality. Even I had a lot of faith in Keiji before playing Soul Sacrifice. Now I'll just take a wait and watch approach to ReCore. It would have to be a way better game than Soul Sacrifice just to be a good game.

Oh yeah definitely, I'm not saying this game wouldn't be good, I said its a possibility it turns out bad. I'm still interested but not hyped for it.

Yes its better than most Vita games cause most are bad ports of games on other systems. Lets compare it to other Vita exclusives.

Persona 4: Golden: 93

LBP PS Vita: 88

Tearaway: 87

Gravity Rush: 83

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: 81

Uncharted: Golden Abyss: 80

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 80

Wipeout 2048: 79

Killzone: Mercenary: 78

Soul Sacrifice: 77

So not that good compared to many Vita exclusives.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
HollyGamer said:
I don't have an an idea what kind of games is this -_- , the same with bananaking21, they should at least shows us some concept , Microsoft need a lot thing to learn from SONY for first party exclusive games.

Microsoft knows their ability to create new IP's is slim which is obviouly why they pay everyone else to do it. They are still competing though and I applaud them for that.

Read the interview it sheds alot of light on this title. It's going to be a 3rd person action adventure.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/20/keiji-inafune-and-armature-39-s-mark-pacini-talk-recore-mega-man-legends-3-and-iga-39-s-bloodstained.aspx

Also Inafune, and Armature approached MS first about this game.  MS did not ask them to make them a game. They were interested in working with MS due to Armature knowing quite a few people that works for MS.

GameMasterPC said:
jlmurph2 said:

Oh yeah definitely, I'm not saying this game wouldn't be good, I said its a possibility it turns out bad. I'm still interested but not hyped for it.

Yes its better than most Vita games cause most are bad ports of games on other systems. Lets compare it to other Vita exclusives.

And how big of a difference of quality is 77 78 and 79? Its a good score believe it or not. Only one negative review.

jlmurph2 said:
GameMasterPC said:

And how big of a difference of quality is 77 78 and 79? Its a good score believe it or not. Only one negative review.

Yes its a good score but I believe you said Soul Sacrifice is one of the best Vita games according to metacritic which is not true at all. And these are just the exclusives I'm talking about.

But according to me personally there are many more Vita exclusives which are better than this like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. And believe it or not there is actually a world of difference in the quality between Killzone: Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice despite what the scores suggest. Anyone who has a Vita will probably be able to tell you better than what metacritic tells you.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:
jlmurph2 said:

Yes its a good score but I believe you said Soul Sacrifice is one of the best Vita games according to metacritic which is not true at all. And these are just the exclusives I'm talking about.

But according to me personally there are many more Vita exclusives which are better than this like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. And believe it or not there is actually a world of difference in the quality between Killzone: Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice despite what the scores suggest. Anyone who has a Vita will probably be able to tell you better than what metacritic tells you.

No, I didn't.

And how are 71 reviews not more reliable than 1 vita owner's opinion?

jlmurph2 said:
GameMasterPC said:

No, I didn't.

Oh yeah sorry I misinterpreted. Not a very good game though however you see it.

Shenmue comparison of a 2017 release doesn't work as Yu Suzuki already has the story pegged out, character design etc. He just needs a team to build the game based on what budget he is given.

It is likely he will get support from Sony Japan as well be able to hire a team to complete the project and he has already said the game size will depend on how much money is raised. Also, the 2017 release date is estimated based on the $3.5 million stretch goal giving it at least 2.5yrs of development time if they haven't started working on bits already before E3.

ReCore on the other hand is a brand new IP for which story, characters, assets, music etc have to be created within 25 months (if it releases at the end of spring).

Games like AC and FC have 400 people working on it to make it an annual release. Games like ND have big budgets, 2 teams and are masters at their craft to be able to deliver a sequel within 24 months.

As it had already been mentioned, Armature only has 30 staff from which some are working on Bloodstained and Comcept again are also small with some working on Mighty No:9 and some on Bloodstained.

From what I've read, MS's contribution seem to be more to do with financial backing and distribution with possible additional help with optimising code to run on the x1.

My question is, if the game is still good and the only difference is it won't be a AAA game, but a midtier game, why are people upset? Games like Journey and Limbo have been celebrated and loved although they aren't AAA.

GamechaserBE said:
A lot of games are developped in 24 months or less like UC2 or Resistance 2.

Let's refer to dev cycles from 6 years ago?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Fei-Hung said:
Shenmue comparison of a 2017 release doesn't work as Yu Suzuki already has the story pegged out, character design etc. He just needs a team to build the game based on what budget he is given.

It is likely he will get support from Sony Japan as well be able to hire a team to complete the project and he has already said the game size will depend on how much money is raised. Also, the 2017 release date is estimated based on the $3.5 million stretch goal giving it at least 2.5yrs of development time if they haven't started working on bits already before E3.

ReCore on the other hand is a brand new IP for which story, characters, assets, music etc have to be created within 25 months (if it releases at the end of spring).

Games like AC and FC have 400 people working on it to make it an annual release. Games like ND have big budgets, 2 teams and are masters at their craft to be able to deliver a sequel within 24 months.

As it had already been mentioned, Armature only has 30 staff from which some are working on Bloodstained and Comcept again are also small with some working on Mighty No:9 and some on Bloodstained.

From what I've read, MS's contribution seem to be more to do with financial backing and distribution with possible additional help with optimising code to run on the x1.

My question is, if the game is still good and the only difference is it won't be a AAA game, but a midtier game, why are people upset? Games like Journey and Limbo have been celebrated and loved although they aren't AAA.

Far cry isn't an annual release. And Assassins creed has many games in development at the same time. AC Unity was in development since late 2010 after Brotherhood.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'