By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 Is Nathan Drake's Final Chapter, Developer Says

LordLichtenstein said:
REBOOT!

SCI-FI SETTING PLEASE :D

really?

how do you do a sci fi setting for tressure hunting? and we already have enough sci fi games

Play Me

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
LordLichtenstein said:
REBOOT!

SCI-FI SETTING PLEASE :D

As always they will pursue a new IP.

doubt it just new characters, after all the ND departures i believe the new/current team at ND just want nothing to do with characters created by others that arent working with ND

and imo its for the better ND team now are creating more mature games and characters ex. tlou and uc4 have way different tone than uc1-3

Play Me

I hope it's the case. As much as I enjoy Uncharted, I think four installments is more than enough. This fourth game can tie up any loose ends, improve some of the mechanics introduced in The Last of Us, and exorcise the demons of Uncharted 3.

Some series can continue ad infinitum. Uncharted isn't one of them.

GribbleGrunger said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I'm starting to think they're lying. I mean why would they be constantly stressing this fact?

"This is last time. The very last time you'll see Drake. I swear it."

It's the whole switch and bate. They've called it 'The Thief's End' for a good reason. Lots of people are debating that Drake will die and others are suggesting that it could be Sully or his brother that dies. All of these are 'thieves'. They constantly hammer this home because they want us to keep speculating on this and take our eye off the real shock, or as ND said recently 'controversial ending'. It's a typical narrative trick and I think I've got the answer:

Elena dies.

Drake would never be a thief again. He would keep his promise this time.

corect now that amy is gone druckmann will do what he wanted and what should of been done in UC2

Play Me

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I hope it's the case. As much as I enjoy Uncharted, I think four installments is more than enough. This fourth game can tie up any loose ends, improve some of the mechanics introduced in The Last of Us, and exorcise the demons of Uncharted 3.

really?

looks at tomb raider series and indian jones films 

Play Me

Around the Network

Sounds to me like this was the factor in why Amy H left. She probably wanted to leave it open for more sequels and Neil/Bruce wanted to kill Nate off.

Every great story ends someday...

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I love uncharted but want them to built somethng new again, new IP please, sci fi, space, great story, do like GG and go rpg.

ND all but confirmed that this is the last Uncharted. a writer said this game is "wrapping up" Nathan Drakes story. 

well, they could make a new main character, but i doubt they will. i hope its TLoU2 after this and then a new IP. 

Hopefully they go back to Jak and Daxter. A much better IP. How about an open-world platformer/RPG J&D.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Makes me think how much UC4 improvements will affect TLoU2 (If it exists).